Priceline Hotel: 3* New Orleans (French Quarter) Holiday Inn Chateau Lemoyne

jcg2462
By jcg2462,
in

I am ready to try bidding on Priceline for a two night stay Mar 14-16. Since this is right after mardi gras and before St. Patricks Day I am wondering if I should start fairly low? I would be happy with any of the french quarter 4* hotels I've seen won on this board, but want to get the best price I can. Any suggestions?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please read your messages, then add a reply to this thread letting us know your maximum bid for this stay and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, looking back at the winning bids I see Omni at $80 and Westin and Marriott from $70-$75. So I thought I would start with $65 and go from there? I am hoping to get in for under $75. Do you think that is reasonable? I don't want to start at $75 if I could get Marriott or Westin for less since I'm thinkin my dates are during a slow time. There is a small margin between the winning bids for the 4* so I want to begin with a conservative bid.

With HOTWIRE showing a 4* in the French Quarter at $104, I'd say that a likely 4* win may be somewhere in the $75-85 range. $65 is not a bad place to start given that you certainly have the time, but I think there's a chance that - given this time period is in-between some very busy events in the area - the required bid may be a tad higher.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

At the 4* level you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* French Quarter...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

ok, I'm a little confused after reading another thread on here that implies the Astor Crowne is a 4* in the french quarter section when bidding priceline? I was really hoping for Marriott or Westin. Is it possible I'll get the Astor bidding for a 4* hotel in the french quarter?

jcg2462

Astor CP is currently rated 3.5* with PRICELINE. But ratings can change at anytime.

I was really hoping for Marriott or Westin
You have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) you select. The bord has 4 different 4* reported so you need to have an open mind.

Let us know if you have any additional questions before you start to bid.

Yellowdog.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]