near beach

smoke free room

fitness

pool

restaurant

internet

golf nearby

Rate is $142, recommended by 85%

I appreciate your advice on this! I will use your link when I decide.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Please follow-up your previous Hotwire London thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay... then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at the HOTWIRE offers above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

if you book day by day at HOTWIRE, you'll get some much better rates:

03/09-03/10: 139$ (85%)

03/10-03/11: 92$ (95%)

03/11-03/12: 92$ (95%)

03/12-03/13: 92$ (95%)

03/13-03/14: 104$ (95%)

03/14-03/15: 104$ (95%)

03/15-03/16: 139$ (85%)

The 95% destination seams to be the Westin, the 85% could be either the Westin or the Crowne Plaza.

I prefer the Westin, but I never stayed at the Crowne Plaza.

Based on my experience and prefence to the Westin, I suggest the following.

Try to book 03/10-03/11 on priceline (Hollywood, FL, 4 stars, I suggest 66$). If you got the Westin, expand this stay to 03/09-03/10 @ same price (if denied: bid more).

Then book 03/11-03/13 also on priceline (66$). (still got the Westin?)

Then book 03/14-03/15 also on priceline (66$, maybe more). If it's still the Westin, expand this stay to 03/15-03/16 (@ same price)

If you got the Westin in all bookings, now you can expand the 2nd booking to 03/13-03/14 (@ same price or more)

I worked like this for a stay in may and was absolutly satisfied (mostly I got the 66$) :-) If you want to avoid the risk of changing the location, you have to book the whole stay in one booking @ the higher rate.

Best regards from Germany,

nam

juliand,

The approach in the post above does result in a lower rate, but you'll also likely need to change hotels more than one during your stay... is this something you're willing to do?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

juliand,

The approach in the post above does result in a lower rate, but you'll also likely need to change hotels more than one during your stay... is this something you're willing to do?

Hi,

As much as it pains me to pay more, I really don't want to change hotels during my stay. Do you agree with the previous poster that the 4* ft. lauderdale (beach) is likely the Westin?

Thank you.

Hi,

As much as it pains me to pay more, I really don't want to change hotels during my stay. Do you agree with the previous poster that the 4* ft. lauderdale (beach) is likely the Westin?

hey I never said that this was the westin :)

in my view, 85% can be both, westin or cp. and 95% is only the westin. even the 95% property shows the bed choice button.

what is more important to you: to stay in one hotel the whole time (even when it's the CP) or to stay some (or all!) days in the westin, even when you save some more bucks?

Keep us informed.

I think the HOTWIRE offer above could be either the Westin or the Crowne Plaza... the percent recommendations change too frequently, even from search-to-search, that i don't reply on them in trying to ID hotels, so either of these properties would be my best guess for this one.

I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza. It's nice enough. The corner rooms are the best as you have two balconies. The pool is really nice and the best feature of the hotel. I am also considering bidding on hotwire 4* hollywood beach Feb. 27th. It shows a price of $112 and shows the icon for resort and golf. Wouldn't these two icons only apply to the Westin? I am already staying at the crowne plaza the week before and want to try the Westin.

I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza. It's nice enough. The corner rooms are the best as you have two balconies. The pool is really nice and the best feature of the hotel. I am also considering bidding on hotwire 4* hollywood beach Feb. 27th. It shows a price of $112 and shows the icon for resort and golf. Wouldn't these two icons only apply to the Westin? I am already staying at the crowne plaza the week before and want to try the Westin.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

If you need help with a particular listing, please post a new thread with the complete list of amenity icons and we would be happy to help.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]