Hotwire Hotel: San Antonio 4* Help

madimack30
By madimack30,
in

This is my first time using HOTWIRE or PRICELINE.....I attempted Priceline last night to no avail....I went to HOTWIRE today to try them and got the following return...

Jan 22-23

North Riverwalk & Alamo Area

Boutique

Non Smoking

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

High Speed Internet

$89

From the forum references I am thinking that is the Omni La Mansion del Rio or Sheraton Gunter...based on a previous post for this time range I am speculating the Omni....a I guessing in the right direction...any help would be appreciated as to what I should do from here...

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The above does match both the Sheraton and the Omni so either of these would be the likely outcome, however, if i were to give an edge to one of them i would slightly favor this one being the Sheraton more so than the Omni.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Not knowing where you are trying to stay, but I picked up the Emily Morgan on the Riverwalk yesterday for $65.00. My experience that has been the going rate for several stays downtown.

How were you able to do that...I did PRICELINE last night starting at $60 and went all the way up to $75 with no luck....also, what would make you lean towards Sheraton...I am trying to distinguish the trends...THANKS SO MUCH!!!

Bid Riverwalk 4*Deluxe at $55.00

If not accepted add downtown East (DO NOT CHANGE STARS - there is no 4* hotel in DT east) - increase bid to $60.

If not accepted add Schertz (DO NOT change Stars) - increase bid to $65

Keep re-bidding until you are uncomfortable with the price.

You are likely locked out for a certain period to start bidding again.

There could also be something going on that weekend in San Antonio or the date may be to far off.

Never had either the Sheraton or Omni through Priceline, but they may be recent additions - the comment was from the Moderator.

Yeah the Sheraton and Omni guess was from the HOTWIRE info....I have been checking into both there and PRICELINE....I did exactly what you did above and to no avail....I haven't even had a Counter Offer....I am so confused...everyone makes it sound so easy....lol....I did research what was going on that weekend and came up with nothing important....I have done the free rebidding and even the Permutation rebidding so I have literally prob bidded about 25 times....NOTHING.....

I did exactly what you did above and to no avail....I haven't even had a Counter Offer....I am so confused...

It's not really that confusing... rates are date specific. If you check hotel direct rate at the property received by sfoster93 vs. the rate for your dates, you'll see that rates for your dates are a little higher. This is indicative of higher demand, and therefore it stands to reason that your dates would require a higher bid to be success.

As well, let's just say that for each of your stays the hotel has 25 rooms available... sfoster93's stay is for tomorrow nite, and the chances that the hotel will get 25 walk-ins or reservations in the next 24 hours may be slim, so they're willing to deeply discount them thru the opaque suppliers. On the other hand, they may very well be able to fill those 25 rooms on their own in the next 2 1/2 weeks (the dates of your stay) and therefore aren't currently offering any rooms to PRICELINE at this time, or perhaps are not discounting the rooms as deeply, preferring to take their chances that they'll be able to sell the rooms on their own at full price.

There is a LOT more to hotel pricing then just the above, but at least this gives you a little insight as to why one user may be successful at $65 while your bids (for different dates) are rejected at $75. However, at least with HOTWIRE offering a hotel at $89 you know you're not likely too far off.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]