Priceline Hotel: Resort Hawaii (Waikoloa-Kohala Coast) Hilton Waikoloa

eric3
By eric3,
in

I see lots of wins on here for this zone at the Marriot between $90-110, but I would like the Hilton. Only one review mentions a price of around $130-135. I am willing to pay this but if I bid that high, won't the Marriott just jump on it? How do you get the higher price hotels without overpaying for the lower ones?

Any help is appreciated.

Dates Feb 10-16th.

See this thread: Don't Bid Higher for a Specific Hotel

If you're trying to target, or avoid, a particular hotel in the zone then HOTWIRE can be a better option as you can often take an educated guess (or conclude that an offering is not the hotel you're trying to avoid) based upon the amenities shown before your purchase. The trade-off is that HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE.

If you search HOTWIRE for your dates does anything appear in this zone within your desired star rating and budget?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I saw your win, that def gives me a good idea of what to bid.

I appreciate the warning but to be honest, I don't see alot of evidence of people who "overbid" and got stuck with properties that usually go for much less. When I look through the past wins, it is pretty solid pricing for the diff hotels.

I think I will give overbidding a shot and let you know.

I went ahead and went for the Hilton with a $118 bid and it was accepted.

It only makes sense that you can overbid to get a higher priced hotel in the same category. Otherwise the no one would ever get the high priced ones. Of course, the risk could be if the high priced hotel is sold out but based on the other accepted bid, I thought it was a good shot.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]