Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (NMA-River North) Hotel Sax

KreGg
By KreGg,
in

Hi, I'll be travelling with my daddy to Chicago on the 24th of January till the 29th (5 nights).

I don't know nothing about the city, and from what I saw, there are lots of areas I can choose. May someone point me a good central area, somewhere near the main attractions etc.

Also, I would need some help trying to bid as low as possible.

Thanks.

There are many areas in Chicago, but only two areas are really the "core" areas:

1. Millennium Park-Loop-Grant Park. This is the area downtown to the South of the River, and is made up of the Loop Business District, some shopping on State St and Museums, among other sites. This area can be quiet (or very quiet in some areas) at night.

2. NMA-River North. This is the area to the North of the river, and includes the North Michigan Ave. shopping area and some surrounding areas (the River North and Gold Coast areas, which have quite a bit in the way of nightlife and restaurants.) Further away from museums, but more going on at night.

If you are driving, parking is expensive in the city.

What would be your desired max budget per night?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks AaronJB.

So from what you said, I am willing to try this NMA-River North area first. My initial max per night I would put at 80 dollars, but I can go higher if it doesn't cut it.

If you guys can provide me some help at the starting bid, and bidding procedure, I would appreciate.

Thanks, I will use the PRICELINE link.

Rates are not high at all for these dates and i think your budget should be fine. You didn't say if you wanted to try for a 4* hotel up to your limit first, then if rejected try for a 3.5* and then if rejected try for a 3*... OR if your goal is the least expensive 3* or better for this stay.

Since rates are reasonable i'm going to suggest a 4* statergy up to your limit, but if your budget is tight and you prefer a lower rated hotel for a little less money then just post back and we'll revise accordingly.

At the 4* level in Chicago you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* NMA-River North...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congrats on your success.

That is a REALLY, REALLY good deal for this property (about half off in terms of price, but also a very nice hotel and probably about the lowest I've seen it go for), which is the former House of Blues Hotel (the HOB is still next door.) Great location, with plenty of restaurants and nightlife in the blocks just to the North of the hotel. This property was recently taken over by the Thompson chain, known for their famed boutiques in NYC and LA (I believe it was on the Conde Nast "hot List" in 2008 or 2009, as well.)

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE link.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]