Priceline Hotel: Resort Ft Myers-Naples (Marco Island) Hilton Beach Resort

paly1
By paly1,
in

Used links on BB to PRICELINE and did the following...

Bid in these increments for Resort Zone of Marco Islands and used the other 'non-resort' zones...

$75, 81, 86, 91, 96, 100, 104, 108, 115, $120...

Still not sucessful.

Am thinking of going onto Bonita area for the Hyatt without this zone at these same prices and then take it from there.

Any stratergies other than that much appreciated:)

Am thinking of going onto Bonita area for the Hyatt without this zone...

The Hyatt is currently showing no availability for the nite of 1/14, and while we have seen wins at hotels which are otherwise showing a sold-out condition, the odds are greatly against it. You can certainly try, but realize going in that this would be an uphill battle.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks guys...I was thinking I could go up a little more - maybe to 140 but I when I get too near the rack rate I figure it's better I pay direct so I know what room I am getting etc and maybe a deal with b'fast etc....

Hyatt I have seen is sold out but I think it is showing up on hotwire for 166!? I maybe wrong and this maybe another hotel??

So since a couple of days have lapsed - should I drop my bid from 120 to see if anything has changed and then increase to 140 mark??

Thanks,

Paly:)

What property (star rating and zone) are you seeing on HOTWIRE which you think may be the Hyatt... i'm not seeing any opaque offerings above the 3* level in either the Marco Island or Bonita Springs zones?

What is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable hotel for this stay thru conventional booking channels?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm seeing on Hotwire - Naples Area Hotel

4 Star

now $180!

Resort, Near Beach, Smoke-Free Rooms, Pool, Restaurant, Business Centre, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby

Recommended in 80% of Customer Reviews..

Marriot Marco Island is now $293 cheapest (sheesh that went way up from 2 days ago)

Marco Island HIlton cheapest is $249 (Seniors $199 - not sure if we can take that into account)

Looks like prices have gone up - not that I had any luck with the lower bids anyway!?

I'm only seeing the property above when searching for 2adults/2children... are you searching for quad occupancy?

If you go back to HOTWIRE and click the CONTINUE button next to this offering and then click the "See all " link on top of the icons, do you see more amenities than what you've listed above?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

This property has not yet been reported to the board.

If i were to take a guess, i think the Edgewater Beach hotel would be among the likely candidates, but can't be too certain.

That looks like a very nice hotel....and it's all-suite! I think I will try a tad more on the 120 for the other 2 resorts on Marco Island and then maybe just go for this as the rack rates are much more - if it isn't this particular one, I am sure it is nice at Resort level...

And then it can be reported to BB!:)

I'll let you know..

When I went to check Hotwire again it had gone!

I went back to Priceline bidding for the Marco Island are with the other non-resort zones and bid:

100, 120, 130 and then it said wait 15 mins for the answer - It rejected that - Tried 140 and got it!

Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort And Spa

Marco Island

560 South Collier Boulevard

Marco Island, Florida 34145

$140 plus tax $165.17 total

Rack rate is $249 plus!

Thanks BB!

Paly:)

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]