Priceline Hotel: NYC 1/8-1/13 (Soho) 4*

Flockster
By Flockster,
in

Hi all,

looking at PL (and HW) for some time and have fallback options booked through Quikbook.

We prefer to stay downtown (been to 3 Thompson hotels except 60 Thom) and now i saw a median of 144$ at PL for 4*. Given that 3 hotels in Soho and 5 in Wall St are above 200, most above 250 i was wondering if there's a mistake and it should be 244$?

Mistake or not, would that influence my bidding chances? In other words, is there some built-in mistake that allows me to get more for less? Or could they have so many other hotels not listed to bring down median price and I get something very differrent?

Thanks and HNY everyone!

FLockster

The median price shown by PRICELINE is often not accurate and i wouldn't use this figure in determining a bidding strategy or maximum bid.

As well, i'll add that the PRICELINE zone is much larger than the Soho area and most 4* hotels won in this zone are more so in the Finacial District part of the zone than in Soho... would this be acceptable for this stay? (ie- could you accept a hotel anywhere within the shaded boundaries of the zone?)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]