Hotwire Hotel: 3* Florida Keys (Key Largo) Ocean Pointe Suites Condos

The-Bartender
By The-Bartender,
in

I have been searching the old threads to ID this hotel but have had no luck!

Hotwire 3* Key Largo Area Hotel

1/14/11 through 1/16/11

$105

Suite

beachfront

non smoking

pool

restaurant

hi speed internet

tennis nearby

kitchenette

I have seen a match for a 3.5* but the hotwire result I am looking at is for 3*

Thank you for any help!

A property with this exact amenity combination has not yet been reported to the board, but the Oceanpoint Suites is close and that would be my best guess for this property, but i wouldn't be at all surprised if it turned out to be something different.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks so much for your time and help!

I have eliminated Oceanpoint because it comes up in the same Hotwire result as a 3.5* Key Largo Area Condo. It's a transparent result through Hotels.com (but it appears on the same hotwire search result that produces the 3* mystery hotel I am inquiring about)

I doubt I will book it because I am traveling with a toddler and I want to be sure of any hazards around the pool/beach area.

I can't thank everybody enough who tried to figure this out.

I will probably be booking something else and will be sure to use the betterbidding PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links!

well you were correct afterall! I decided to go ahead and book and it was indeed the Ocean Pointe Suites

It is still being listed as 3* when it's ID is hidded by HOTWIRE but is a 3.5* in the very same search result as a transparent hotel.com result.

The price was back down to $105 today.

I can go ahead and confirm...

Hotwire 3* Key Largo area with following amenities is Ocean Point Suites

Suite

beachfront

non smoking

pool

restaurant

hi speed internet

tennis nearby

kitchenette

Thanks again for your help everybody!

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're pleased with the results and that this will work well for your needs this stay. Interesting the difference in star rating, we'll have to keep an eye on this... it is possible that the property has different classes of rooms and one is 3* rated and the other 3.5* rated OR that HOTWIRE will still show a Hotels.com offering when the star rating is different than its own.

Thanks for helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the new amenity combination for this property.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It's also interesting that when I do a search for my dates (9 Jan - 10 Jan 2011) the same two hotels come up (identical icons) but the Hotels.com is cheaper ($97 excl taxes, $112 incl taxes) compared to the opaque Hotwire offering ($100 excl taxes, $121 incl taxes).

It's a good theory about the different rooms. I stayed here several years ago and from reading things since then, there does seems to be a big variety of different rooms (I suspect this is because they are privately owned and so differ quite a bit).

I haven't started a new thread as I am not planning to use Hotwire or Priceline for this stay now.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]