Hotwire Hotel: Help ID'ing a Dupont Circle Hotel?

Tattersall
By Tattersall,
in

I'm searching for Jan 14-17 (three nights), and there are few options coming up for Dupont Circle, where I'd like to stay.

One of them is a 4*, fitness-restaurant-business-Internet, at $89.

I know that a lot of hotels in Dupont Circle fit this profile, but the thing that's confusing me is that Hotwire is "still gathering reviews for this hotel." Would this suggest Dupont Hotel, which is newer? I'd still think they would have enough reviews for that one...any other guesses?

This amenity combination matches the Dupont Hotel and the Palomar so either of these would be my best guess for this one... however, when changing the search to 2adults/2children a hotel with the amenities above appears with a 3.5/5.0 Tripavisor rating, which doesn't match the current rating for the Dupont or the Palomar. Two things to note:

1) the TA information shown by HOTWIRE is not update in real time, only about once per month, so this could still be one of the above (favoring the Dupont since the rating there is currently 4.0 vs the Palomar's 4.5 rating... more plausible the rating has changed from 3.5 to 4.0 than from 3.5 to 4.5)

2) HOTWIRE will often show "still gathering" or we've even seen the percent recommended number change for the same hotel from one search to the next... this is not a reliable indicator for identifying properties

As you point out these amenities are common for the area, and based upon the above my best guess would still be the Dupont Hotel or the Palomar (see added info below), but given the inconsistencies, i'm not very confident in this guess.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

EDIT to ADD: upon further research i think this may be the Hilton Towers or the Westin City Center upgraded to the 4* level... just a hunch, i'm thinking the Hilton upgraded to the 4* level may be the best guess

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]