Hotwire Hotel: 4* Ft Lauderdale (Beach) Il Lugano Suites

Normstorm
By Normstorm,
in

I need help identifying this hotel on Hotwire...

4-star hotel in Fort Lauderdale Beach

24-27 January 2011

2 adults & 1 children

Near beach

Smoke free

Fitness center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business center

High-speed internet access

We are still gathering reviews for this property

Please help me find out what hotel this is. :)

Or else, please recommend something for me.

I want to stay close to the Sunset Blvd close to the beach.

Thanks!

A 4* property with these amenities has not yet been reported to the board, but the 3.5* Sheraton Ft Lauderdale Beach Hotel has been seen with this combination... i'd speculate that it has been upgraded to the 4* level and that would be my best guess for this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

A 4* property with these amenities has not yet been reported to the board, but the 3.5* Sheraton Ft Lauderdale Beach Hotel has been seen with this combination... i'd speculate that it has been upgraded to the 4* level and that would be my best guess for this one.

you are right, the Sheraton is now ranked as a 4 star property :-(

after reading some non-faked reviews (i identify them on their false translations into german on tripadvisor) I ask Hotwire to cancel my booking. even Expedia and some others ranked this Sheraton as a 3 - 3,5 star property....

best regards,

namosi

btw: shown amentiers were:

Near Beach, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-speed Internet Access

Namosi,

Thanks for the info.... can you please share your win with the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of the win for your dates and we have an easy way of finding a post with the record of the 'new' star rating for this property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't have any firsthand experience with this property so can't say what the true star rating should be, but will add that both Orbitz and Travelocity rate this property 4*, so just because one user doesn't agree with the rating, i wouldn't necessary let that dissuade you.

If you decide to go the PRICELINE route let us know if you need any help with a bidding strategy.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

We'll continue this thread for this stay... if you ultimately use PRICELINE we'll then edit the topic title to reflect your win and move the entire thread to that section of the board.

First, note that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy... after that it's at the discretion of the hotel. You could assigned a room with only one bed and the hotel may be unable, or unwilling, to accommodate your request for a room with two beds (and if available could charge extra for a two bedded room and/or a rollaway) Is this an acceptable risk?

If you're willing to accept the risk above, for this stay is anywhere within PRICELINE's Ft Lauderdale Beach zone acceptable? Is Downtown an option?

Are you seeking a 4* hotel? What is your maximum bid?

I did use PRICELINE for this 3 days 24-27 January 2011.

I first bid 110dollar for Fort Lauderdale beach area. Nothing.

Then i maid a new search for 125dollars. Nothing.

Then i maid a new search again for 135dollars and got the Il Lugano as expected.

I don't know if my strategy was any good...

I would love some help with the priceline bidding strategy for 27-29 January for Miami Beach or South Beach.

But i put that in a new thread.

I will use Betterbidding for all my bookings and searches from now on.

Thanks for all your help!

Best regards,

Normstorm

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you got this settled and hopefully happy with the outcome.

As you'll be 3 people i'd call the hotel and request a room with two beds (assuming that is your preference)... they may not make a note of it or be willing to guarantee it, but at least see if they'll note it in the reservation.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]