Priceline Hotel: 4* Minneapolis-St Paul (Downtown Min) Minneapolis Autograph Collection

Frogger85
By Frogger85,
in

Could have waited but got antsy, have bid up to 60 on 4* Downtown Minneapolis in the past (not same date as this though)

with no luck. Just went with 71 right off the bat got The Hotel Minneapolis Autograph Collection, was going for Marquette Hotel, did not want to go below $60 as I felt this would get me the Hyatt (Not that I would mind, but I wanted something else.) Based on retail (179.00 for a Sunday night) seems like a good deal. I have not stayed there, but have walked by it

and it looked nice from what I saw.

Also, I have the option of picking up another night, which for me would be Sat 2/26/11. But the retail price is

lower for Saturday so I might just bid on the 4* hotels again and see what happens. Does anyone out there know

what bids are winning 4* hotels in downtown Minneapolis? All I pretty much see are the Hyatt and Hilton, I don't

need real winning bids just educated guesses on the other 4* hotels. I would welcome 3.5* hotels but it seems like you

would have to bid 4* star prices to avoid the Millenium Hotel.

One other thing: The hotel Minneapolis was not listed on the retail list before I went to the name your

own price page. Anybody know why?

I am new to priceline and the board but have benifted greatly from both. I also use the PRICELINE link.

Regards

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your success! While not the hotel you were expecting, glad to see you're pleased with the results.

You can't use the 'retail' version of PRICELINE to determine what you will get thru the opaque side of their service. The two arms of their site use a different universe and inventory of hotels.

To see current winning bids for this area enter "Minneapolis Downtown" (without the quotes) in the QUICK SEARCH box in the blue banner at the top of the board and we'll see a list of all wins for this area. If you need any help with this additional nite feel free to start a NEW TOPIC.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Keep in mind that the offer to extend your stay is an offer to try to extend your stay... there is no guarantee that you will be able to add an additional nite at the same rate.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Keep in mind that the offer to extend your stay is an offer to try to extend your stay... there is no guarantee that you will be able to add an additional nite at the same rate.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.. your right, slipped my mind. I guess thats why I might just bid again. When I do I will use the PRICELINE link.

Thanks

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]