Here to Help

Z3R0
By Z3R0,
in

I don't know a lot about Priceline, as I've not utilized its services before, but I've come to know a lot about Hotwire, how their model works, the rules and restrictions and a few other useful things. While I personally don't believe there's a way to "cheat the system" and determine what hotel an opaque model offers before booking, I am able to provide info on the booking process, complaints, star ratings, mapped neighborhoods, etc.

There's a lot of information also available directly on the Hotwire site that would prevent a lot of headaches if people took a few minutes to read it. If anyone has any questions feel free to reply to this thread or PM me. Probably the most helpful advice I can offer is, "Read the fine print."

If there are rules and restrictions, terms of use, terms and conditions, read them. Most sites these days are putting parts of these in bold to attract attention, but lets face it, we click buttons, check a box that says we agree to the rules without reading them.

I do it all the time, but I can certainly tell you if I'm spending money on something, I'm looking For the fine print and not overlooking it.

Adversity is like a flame, it melts the weak and tempers the strong.
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]