Priceline Hotel: What ares to bid on a 5 star in NYC?

taraandsean
By taraandsean,
in

i want to be in the 5th ave or time square area or whatever is the nicest are ( i dont know much about new york) the wife wants to shop on the famous 5th ave and i want a good area for nightlife ,but we are picky about our hotels. I would rather pay the big dollars and know that i am staying first class all the way but if i can bid and get a 5 star and save some money i might as well do it, so any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

It all depends on your dates, if you're planning on stayin in NYC for anywhere between April and May I'd say go with Hotwire, and aim to land in Midtown East or Midtown Central. Priceline is just too expensive for these months. For example from May12 to 17, just to use a couple of dates you can score a 4* hotel in MTE for 239USD a night, and if you look at bids recently placed and talked about on this board, people are geting rejected at 200 for a 3* so throw in the extra few dollars and go with Hotwire, you know it's going to be a nice hotel if its rating is high. Some 4* hotels in MTE are The Hyatt, The W, and The Swissotel- all quality.

Priceline is probably not going to be for you, but HOTWIRE may be if we can identify the hotel beforehand and you're happy with the property.

When you're looking for 'nice', is something like the Parker Le Meridien or the Drake 'nice' in your book, or are you only looking for things like the Madarin Oriental or the Ritz? EasyClickTravel does have a few 'high end' properties such as the Ritz and others.

If you let us know some examples of hotels you'd be content with and the dates of your stay we'll be in a better position to be able to help and advise.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

For a stay in '06 i think it's too early to bid on Priceline.

If you're concerned book a cancellable back-up and bump this thread around the September timeframe. In some area bidding this far in advance is a good idea, but (imo) i don't think it applies to a non-peak time in NYC.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]