Priceline Hotel: 3* Miami (Airport MIA) Residence Inn Airport South

gbs
By gbs,
in

I have been bidding almost daily for over 2 weeks. I need one room for 2 nights at the airport, Jan 13 - 15. Started out trying for 4*, quickly lowered to 3.5. Have bid up to $75, with no luck. Use my free rebids each time. It seems that around $52 is a common price for the airport, so I started there. Noticed that someone just got 3.5 two days later for $75. Help! (and thanks)

I been bidding P/L 4* DT and CG for Jan 14th up to $110 and still no joy. Very few hotels on Hotwire too and those higher rates than I have paid before for winter month pre-cruise days. Yet to find something "big" going on that weekend, but hotel rates in Miami area seem to indicate so. Hotwire does have one 3* at MIA for $70 for the 14th.

There's really not too much directly in the airport zone... will you have a car with your this stay and can i ask the purpose of this trip? (do you have reason to stay in this zone or is just the cheapest option given otherwise high rates)

There is something happening in town as there is almost no opaque availability Downtown... i did find an Art Festival taking place in Miami Beach with about 17K attendees, but not sure how accurate this figure is or how this compares to average convention size in the area.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

While not the 4* hotel you're seeking, HOTWIRE does have a 3* in the Airport zone for $72/nite which i'm guessing is the Holiday Inn Doral... would this work for your plans or would you rather try raising your maximum bid for a higher rated hotel?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The 14th is start of MLK weekend, but I've had pre-cruise Friday nights at peak times before with more choice, for less $. Asked the DT Marriott and they were close to sold-out with a big RCI cruise block and 5 weddings. On another site the Conrad was available for a few days and then disappeared, and since have been fooling around with this since August trying every 2 weeks or so, I finally booked the InterCon DT at $167. (not PRICELINE or HOTWIRE). Since you need to stay near airport and probably want shuttles and not rent a car, I would suggest checking direct with some of the newly built moderate hotel chains, like a Hyatt Place. Maybe book a fully-refundable back-up and keep bidding closer to date.

Thanks for your help so far...I have some questions. I have used Priceline for years, but have never used Hotwire...do they use the approximate same rating system as Priceline? Would a 3* at the Miami airport be clean, comfortable, and have free shuttle to the terminal? Do they ususally have several different hotels under each category? What kind of fees are attached to a purchase? Is it a reliable method of getting a good deal on a room? Thanks for your help.

Generally speaking HOTWIRE is a little more generous in their star ratings... hotels are often rated similarly thru each service, but when there is a difference, HOTWIRE is usually a half star rated higher.

PRICELINE is usually a little cheaper than PRICELINE, but the deals are usually very good on HOTWIRE as well. Fees are similar, but just like with PRICELINE, you'll see the total before your purchase.

A shuttle to the airport is not necessarily guaranteed with either service at any star level, but in this instance the 3* hotel offered does show a Shuttle icon, indicating that this property does offer shuttle service (although this doesn't always mean it's complimentary, but in the airport zones it usually is). You can get a feel for the types of properties HOTWIRE rates as 3* by looking in the Hotwire Hotel List and seeing if this type of property will suit your needs for this trip.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Have still been bidding on both 3* and 3.5*, but getting no where with what I think are generous bids. I will need to pin something down this week, so any last minute help would be appreciated. I have looked into the Hotwire hotel, but am still a little hesitant to bite the bullet there since I have no experience with Hotwire. Any further help?

I had been trying to stay under $100 for a 3.5, but actually went up to $110 one frustrating night! At the 3 level, I went up to about $60 at one point, and then bid at the 2.5 level, up to about $53. What do you think I should be trying now? I am wondering if I should just be bidding for the 13th alone, then if I am successful, try to add another night, or do a separate bid for the 2nd night.....Advice?

How about the Doubletree Miami Mart for $118/nite on sale at Expedia... it's 3.5* rated by PRICELINE and just $8 more than you have previously bid, and includes breakfast buffet.

Would this work for your plans?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or our Expedia link if the above works for your needs)

Finally tonight got the Residence Inn Miami Airport South (3*) for $71 per night. Not great, but not bad considering what I have been bidding. Rooms are $189 per night on their website for that time. Says they have shuttle and breakfast...so I hope that is true. Used the PRICELINE link on your site. Thanks for all your help...as always.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you got these 'higher than usual demand' dates settled and are happy with the results... the included breakfast and internet are welcomed perks and glad they have a shuttle which will accommodate your needs as well.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Have a great trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]