Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (MSG-Convention) Ramada New Yorker

fyrefly
By fyrefly,
in

Looking for a hotel this weekend in NYC. Hoping to pay ~$100 a night.

Calendar of wins says only one win - Feb 20th for Roosevelt. Not a fan of that property.

Hoping for the Ramada New yorker (stayed there in July -- used Betterbidding.com PRICELINE link and loved the property & the free wifi!).

Saw another win for the New yorker in Jan for $85 a night, but just tried and no dice.

Any advice?

To assist we'll need a bit more info...

What is your maximum budget for this stay? Are you willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel OR is your goal the least expensive 3* or better for this stay? Which zone(s) are you willing to accept?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Max Budget is around $100-110. Would love something like the Grande Hyatt, which I've also seen people getting for that range sometimes.

I've generally stayed anywhere in the following districts:

- Chelsea

- MTE

- MTW

- MSG

- Times Square/Theatre

- Empire State Bldg

The Ramada New yorker's just the perfect location, but anywhere north of 14th St. and South of Central Park is really okay.

Did you want to first try for a 4* in any of your acceptable zones up to your limit, then if rejected try for a 3.5*, and so-on... OR are you looking for the least expensive 3* or better hotel for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

With PRICELINE there would be no way to target the New Yorker, and this property doesn't appear to currently be offered on HOTWIRE for your dates... so do you want to try for a 4* on PRICELINE first?

Also, you mention 'about' $100/nite as your budget... $100 and under in NYC for a 4* property can usually be a challenge, and while we're start lower, a bid price a bit higher (say up to $120) may be the difference between success and failure at the 4* level... do you want to stick with $100 as your maximum bid and if rejected just try for a lower star rated hotel, or do you want to bump up your maximum bid a bit?

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Using your previous zones:

- Chelsea

- MTE

- MTW

- MSG

- Times Square/Theatre

- Empire State Bldg

I would leave Chelsea out of the bidding for the moment...

At the 4* level you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE, MTW, TS and ESB...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: Got the New Yorker!

Tried Priceline (via this site's links) last night at $80 and got the offer to up my bid by $20 and bid again (so I knew I was close!). Tried to Add Coney Island as a re-bid zone and bid at $85, no dice.

Waited until today, and bid at $90. Got the offer to up my bid again - this time to $115 (So I knew again that I was getting close...). Added Coney Island as a re-Bid zone and bid at $95 and I was accepted.

Feb 18-21/2011 - Ramada New Yorker - $95/night + taxes ends up around $118/night.

Happy to have the free Wifi at the New Yorker, the awesome building and the food delivery by the Skylight Diner. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]