Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Minneapolis-St Paul (Downtown Minneapolis) Millennium Hotel

jeremyw
By jeremyw,
in

I started bidding with a maximum of about $50 in mind for Saturday night (12/18/2010-12/19/2010). I paid a bit less for a suite at the Doubletree last year (3-3.5*), the same weekend, also in Downtown Minneapolis, so it seemed reasonable.

After bidding up to $50 for a 4* hotel (unlikely, perhaps, but worth a try), I started at the 3.5* level. At $45 I was given the opportunity to bid again without changing anything but the price, to a minimum of $60. That seemed like a good sign I was getting close, so I added a zone and went up to $50. I ended up winning the Millennium -- the one hotel I was hoping not to get, based on some negative reviews here and on TripAdvisor. Hopefully we at least get one of the renovated rooms! I am happy it has a pool, though.

Total cost: $50 + $14.04 taxes and fees = $64.04

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Sorry to see you received the hotel in the zone that you were hoping for avoid... hopefully, for the price, it'll work out ok for your needs.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 5 months later...

We were satisfied with the hotel. The room we got had not been renovated, but it was nice enough. I didn't notice anything that warranted the negative reviews that had made me slightly nervous. It would have been nice to have free wireless Internet, but the more expensive hotels generally seems to want to charge for this. I recommend the Millennium!

Glad to hear that it was a good stay; I think the issue with Tripadvisor reviews is that people may not have had their expectations met at full price. I've stayed at a number of properties that I've really liked for discounted rates, but I wouldn't have been so thrilled had I paid full price.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]