Priceline Hotel: *5 Singapore (City Hall-Marina Bay) bid attempt

sean3
By sean3,
in

My highest unsuccessful bid for *5 Singapore (City Hall-Marina Bay) 1/25/11-1/27/11 at US$123 (not including taxes and fees).

Has anyone managed to get a winning bid for *5 hotel in City Hall-Marina Bay on the week of 1/24/11?

People seems to getting mid-week rates at Conrad Centennial at $120 or less, so I'm not sure if I should continue to bid up or wait awhile before trying a new bid.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can use the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins to see any wins in this area for this particular time frame... as well as enter "Singapore City Hall Marina Bay" into the QUICK SEARCH box in the blue banner at the top of the board to see all related posts for this area.

Rates do often seem a bit higher in this area for weekends but i wouldn't chase this one too much further this far ahead of your stay... the range seems to be about $105-$135/nite.

How high are you willing to bid for a 5* hotel for this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

1/25-27 is during midweek. I checked the calendar of wins and there are no prior winning bids yet for any Singapore hotels. The published nonrefundable and refundable rates on the Conrad Centennial website for those dates are SGD356 (USD274) and SGD445 (USD342) respectively. What would be a lowest rate that we can expect from PL?

I understand that the free rebid strategy allow us to rebid for the same location same star level without being restricted by the 24hr waiting period. During this bidding, I started at US$80 and upon every failed bid, PL would suggest:

"If you only wish to change your offer price, you must increase your offer by at least SGD 10 To maintain your original offer price."

So I incremented every bid by SGD10 without expanding the locations, i.e not using the free rebid strategy. PL would reply within a few hours and allow me to rebid immediately. Am I missing something here?

chw,

That appears to be from the Singapore site which operates different, and it's been reported has less inventory, than the US site.

sean3,

What is your maximum bid for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

That appears to be from the Singapore site which operates different, and it's been reported has less inventory, than the US site.

one thing to know about the Singapore site is that they do not guarantee you the best rate available. I once did an opaque booking on the SG site, and the rate I got was higher than the published rate of the hotel. They also made clear to me in their emails that that's the way it works. So personally I cannot recommend using the SG site. Your mileage may vary, of course.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]