Priceline Hotel: 3* Toronto (Vaughan-North York) Courtyard

atorrin
By atorrin,
in

Hello,

Have used Priceline and this site a few times, and understand processes.

I want a Vaughan hotel for Dec 16th. Ideally I want the Courtyard Marriott, Residence Inn, or Hilton Garden Inn. I think I know the process - use Toronto East as the rebid zone... bid in the $40s, then the $50s etc.

My question is... looking at the boards, it seems like recent wins are the Courtyard and the Residence. Do recent wins indicate what I may get? Or is it really up in the air and recent wins have nothing to do with it.

I might need to book in this area frequently and so thinking it might be worth just to do it once and see what I get. The prices from the hotels are outrageous.

Thanks

Previous wins/wins for other future dates do not necessarily indicate what you may get on your dates, and there is no way to ensure a particular property.

What would be your desired budget for the night? Are there any listings of interest showing when you search for HOTWIRE in this area?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I would love to get something for $60 but even a little more would be fine. Rates for those hotels direct are $150+.

There is only one on Hotwire that looks interesting, it is a 2.5 star, North York - Vaughan area hotel, $62, airport shuttle, pool and restaurant.

From what I have seen in the Hotwire posts though, those three hotels don't come up. Whereas with Priceline they seem to be recent wins, which is why I considered taking the chance with Priceline.

A maximum bid of $60 would put you well under a 50% discount to conventional rates (based upon the $150+/nite rates you quoted) which doesn't give you a high probability of success.

With only a day before your arrival i would try the following, using your one re-bid zone:

Select 3* Vaughan-North York...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Good luck on your next round of bidding and let us know how it all works out.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. If you do ultimately need to book direct, please check for and use the links on our support page of possible where we have links to most of the major hotel chains and online travel agencies.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

For the second round, I bid $60 to start. It was rejected but I was offered the chance to bid again at $75. My plan had bid to re-bid adding another zone at $70. For a difference of $5 I figured I would just bid $75.

Offer was accepted. Courtyard Marriot Vaughan, Total with taxes is $92.88. I couldn't be happier, this is the hotel that I wanted and I just saved a ton of money.

Thanks for all your help. Not sure how to rename the subject of this thread.

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see you received a nice deal and it is at the property you were hoping for... glad to see it worked out well for you!

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]