Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millennium-Loop-Grant Park) Hyatt Regency

GO_CSU_RAMS
By GO_CSU_RAMS,
in

Mixed reviews on this hotel as I've read some good and bad. Regardless, Chicago is never a bad time even in January. First bid was $50 rejected but offered a $65 counter offer. As noted in so many postings, reject it and bid again. Next bid was for $55 and accepted.

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $55.00

Subtotal: $110.00

Taxes & Fees: $24.88

Total Charges*: $134.88

Rack rate for this stay on the same day starts out at $150.00. Another huge savings plus I did use the PRICELINE link at this website to book my stay as always.

Does anyone know if the "L" is near this hotel coming from Midway Airport?

Congrats on your success! :)

This isn't a bad hotel as much as it is a massive convention property. For HOTWIRE or PRICELINE rates, it's an excellent value in an unbeatable location. For regular rates, which are often significantly higher, it is less appealing. As Chicago's biggest hotel, it is rather impersonal - those looking for a place to sleep, it's perfect; those who need to use the hotel services quite a bit may not be as pleased.

If you're coming in from Midway, I'd take the Orange Line to State, and it's a fairly brief walk from there (North a little bit to Wacker, then follow Wacker East along the lake a few blocks to the Hyatt, which is on Wacker just past Michigan Ave.

Thank you for using the site's PRICELINE link.

Enjoy your stay.

Congratulations on your success!

Looks like a great deal and glad to see you're pleased with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

It looks like the closest L stop is at State/Lake (it appears to be about 5-6 blocks) but i'm sure AaronJB will be able to give you some advice on your best commuting options from MDW once he sees this thread. (before then though you may want to add a reply if you'll be traveling solo or with how many others and/or what your bag/luggage situation will be like as that may effect your best options)

Enjoy your stay.

EDIT: looks like he replied while i was typing my own reply :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]