Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (ESB) Affinia Dumont

Foxy!
By Foxy!,
in

Hi folks!

Im looking for a hotel room in NYC. The dates are 02/20/11-02/22/11. Acceptable zones would be MTE - MTW - ESB. All in would be 130 bucks for a 4 star hotel. Do you think, thats enough for that season? Which Zone of my choosen aceptable zones has the nicer 4 star hotels?

Thanks for your reply and your help!

Cheerio!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

This is a slow time of year in NYC, but a $130 all-in goal comes to about a $106/nite bid. While worth a shot give it's a slow time of year, this may be a hard number to hit or come in under (although i'm guessing you may not be too far off depending upon the zones you choose)

Is there a reason you're avoiding the TS and/or CPS zones? Including all the zones you're willing to accept gives more hotels the opportunity to accept your bid which would increase your chances of landing at deal at the price your targeting. If you were successful at the prices you're currently seeking i would think a 4* hotel in any of these zones would be considered a pretty good deal.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi thereuare!

Thank you very much for your fast reply. Yes, my wife dont want the TS Zone because she has security concerns. But the CPS Zone would work fine for our plans. You convinced me that a 130 bucks goal could be hard to hit. So i'm willing to rise my all-in bid to 150$. So i'd like to sum up my goal:

4* Hotel

Acceptable Zones: MTE - MTW - ESB - CPS

All-in: 150$

Thank you very much for your help!

Cheerio!

At the 4* level in NYC you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE, MTW, ESB, CPS...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Hi thereuare!

Just got the Affinia Dumont for 130 bucks/night (Empire State Building Area, 4 star hotel). It was really hard to get this one. I worked my way up with your strategy for several nights with no success. Bid today 5 bucks more and got the Affinia Dumont. We are very happy with this high rated property in New York.

Thanks again for your help!

Cheerio

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]