Priceline Hotel: Bidding Strategy

RAlexander84
By RAlexander84,
in

I finally get the opportunity to request help from this forum again. I am planning a trip to Branson, MO from 06/17/2011 - 06/20/2011. To complicate my bidding it is for 8 adults and 4 children. I do not require rooms to be a the same hotel, so I am wondering what you guys think is the best way to get the best deal? Bid for the 4 rooms together for the 3 nights; bid for each room seprately for the 3 nights; or look for one of those cabins that has 4 rooms for full price(from what I have found so far that seems to be about $350/night)

I would at least start by bidding all rooms together, but one thing to be conscious of is that PRICELINE only guarantees each room will accommodate double occupancy... after that it's at the discretion of the hotel. The hotel could assign you a room with only one bed and may not be able, or willing, to honor your request for a room with two beds. (or could charge you an additional fee for more than double occupancy)

I would think the chances of having a problem in this area are less then say in a major city where space is at more of a premium, but it's still a risk you need to be aware of. If this is not acceptable HOTWIRE may still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy per room.

What star level are you seeking and what is your maximum budget per room?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]