Priceline Hotel: New Orleans - NYE?

jlu8080
By jlu8080,
in

Try the retail side of PRICELINE, entering your dates. Under the Support/Travel Link tab are links to Travelocity, Expedia and Orbitz - any of these would give you a good general idea of a number to beat.

Then try HOTWIRE. You won't know the specific hotel, but their rates can be used as an upper limit to your bidding. It varies a lot, but PRICELINE bidding will almost always get you a hotel for less. No really good statistics on it, but 10% maybe.

Romelle

I am looking to stay in New Orleans in the french quarter around New Year's eve. Does anyone have any sugggestions on prices for that period for a 4 star and up?

There will likely be a big difference between New Year's Eve vs. the nites before and after... what are the actual dates of your stay? What is your maximum budget?

Are you only willing to accept a hotel in the French Quarter or are other zones acceptable as well?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
I am looking to stay in New Orleans in the french quarter around New Year's eve. Does anyone have any sugggestions on prices for that period for a 4 star and up? Any help would be appreciated.

Currently prices are $242 but I tried $110 12/31-01/03 for downtown & french quarter and it did not accept. I will try again tomorrow starting @ 50% then increasing by 5%. Did you have any luck?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]