Priceline Hotel: 4* Vancouver (Airport YVR) Westin Wall Centre

kjr
By kjr,
in

Thanks to another poster's bid, managed to narrow the band on this property.

The current prepaid rate was 135 but they did have a limited sale at 99 per night. So i really loose out some points with SPG and some stays to status. Was at the Westin Bayshore at 99 on the T'zoo promo but this is closer to where I want to be.

Started bidding at 79 and bid, 84, 91, 92 and then won at 94. Total per night $111.06. Seems like the property is good at getting a narrow delta between prime sale rates and what they are willing to sell via PL.

I used the the PRICELINE link provided.

I just stayed there Sun. night. Pretty spectacular room- it was on the north east corner on the 9th floor, #921. Fifty feet of glass with views of the North Shore Mountains and east over Richmond. A great place to watch planes approach YVR.

Ask for a corner room as it looks like they are a bit bigger than the other rooms.

If you feel like gorging, there is a good all-you-can-eat Japanese place a few blocks away called Ninkazu.

Free street parking is plentiful if you don't feel like paying the $15 for secure hotel parking, jus make sure everything is out of sight.

Wi-fi was $12 and worked well with my laptop but the wife couldn't connect with her ipod.

goke...thanks for the tip...i am a YVR native so i know many places. i am actually looking forward to kintaro downtown and plan to park on the street with my parents car. if they want to break in, hats off to them. i certainly will ask for a corner room if i can. funny, SPG told me today that as of 8 weeks ago, they could not put notes on PL bookings? i will try to e-mail the manager and see what they have to say.

AaronJB, this hotel opened about 1 year ago today and has good sound proofing also. I have stayed at almost all of the majors in the area, Hilton, Marriot, Fairmont, Sandman Signature and a few others so this will be a nice change.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]