Priceline Hotel: 4 * Kansas City (Downtown-Crown Center) Hotel Phillips

GO_CSU_RAMS
By GO_CSU_RAMS,
in

Kansas City must be busy this weekend. This bid is a little higher than I would've liked but its a 4 Star stay for $80. Rack rate is around $119.

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $81.00

Subtotal: $81.00

Taxes & Fees: $22.34

Total Charges*: $103.34

It took 12 bids starting at $50 to score this room. A little more than usual. Thanks.

Hotel Phillips is kind of a dump. It is NOT a 4 star property by any accounts. I have been stuck there twice by Priceline and now refuse to bid the Crown Center area at all. Here is my review from my recent stay: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews...HECK_RATES_CONT

The floors are all laid out pretty much the same and it would seem they love stiffing Priceline customers with the smallest rooms in the joint.

Rooms that end in 10 are closet sized. Rooms that end in 05 are also very small. If they give you your room card and it ends in either of those two numbers, ask for another room.

Glad you read my post before your stay! I will be interested in hearing how your experience was. If you read my review on Tripadvisor, you can see that I posted a bunch of pictures and gave them a very candid review of their property. I was fair and listed the good with the bad. It was nice that their management responded and I hope the conditions have indeed improved and your stay will be a nice one.

Bob,

I think your recent review and pictures must've made an impact since we didn't have the same experience. The front staff were very nice and were in a festive mood. I did make sure we didn't have a room that ended in 0 or 5 so they gave us a spacious corner room with a nice evening view.

The room was well kept, a little dated but had some nostalgia to it. It's NOT a 4* rating as promoted but more of a 3* on a good day. The bedding was clean as was the carpet and furniture. The wall paper, shower, and television all needed an upgrade. I would've preferred to pay around $55 to $70 for this property and not the $80. Regardless, location was good and it was the holidays so the hotels in the area were busy.

Again, thanks for your invaluable input. It made a difference in our stay and I hope my posting will have the same positive impact yours did for others.

Enjoy the holidays.

T-

Bob,

I think your recent review and pictures must've made an impact since we didn't have the same experience. The front staff were very nice and were in a festive mood. I did make sure we didn't have a room that ended in 0 or 5 so they gave us a spacious corner room with a nice evening view.

The room was well kept, a little dated but had some nostalgia to it. It's NOT a 4* rating as promoted but more of a 3* on a good day. The bedding was clean as was the carpet and furniture. The wall paper, shower, and television all needed an upgrade. I would've preferred to pay around $55 to $70 for this property and not the $80. Regardless, location was good and it was the holidays so the hotels in the area were busy.

Again, thanks for your invaluable input. It made a difference in our stay and I hope my posting will have the same positive impact yours did for others.

Enjoy the holidays.

T-

Glad to hear that. Did they try to stick you in a 0 or 5 ending room and you told them you wanted something else, or did they give you a better room right off the bat?

As my review said, they are good things to say about the place and if they picked up the pace on some other areas they might really be something. Glad you agreed that the lodging is not of 4 star caliber and Priceline has it overrated.

However, it can certainly be very serviceable for the right price. It does have a certain charm to it. I am not foolish or arrogant enough to believe that my single TripAdvisor review made all the difference in the world, but I know that GM's do look at TripAdvisor and to see the pictures of the property that I posted had to bring at least a small degree of shame to them and I know it at least spurred them to change out that gross computer keyboard in the business center.

Take it easy!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]