Hotwire Hotel: 4* Ft Lauderdale (Hollywood Beach) Crowne Plaza

DanJ
By DanJ,
in

Forgive me just tagging on to this thread instead of starting a new one, but I am a PRICELINE rookie. I see it gurantees rooms for 2 adults. We have 2 kids travelling with us. What typically happens if you get a winning bid and have to call the hotel to ensure room for 4? Do they hose you on the extra people, or tell you tough luck, you paid for a room for 2 and if you want one for 4, you can pay rack for that as well? Thanks, and when I decide either PRICELINE or HOTWIRE, I will use the links through this site. For information purposes, I am looking for FLL Airport and Hollywood areas, for Jan 9, 2011.

Thanks

Dan

Good morning. :)

The issue with PRICELINE is that it only guarantees double occupancy/1 bed. You can bid with four people, but the hotel may or may not be able to offer a room with more than 1 bed. HOTWIRE is a better choice in this case, as one can enter 2 adults/2 children and ensure some sort of bedding (commonly 2 beds, but could be 1 + sofa or other combination) for the entire party. HOTWIRE, however, is generally at least a bit more expensive and sometimes moderately more expensive than PRICELINE.

Please keep us updated on what you decide upon, and if you would like assistance with your stay, please let us know more details about the trip - only one night?, desired budget per night, desired zones (only FLL airport), etc.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Looking at one night pre-cruise, Jan 9-10. Used the HOTWIRE link and this one doesn't seem to match any of the descriptions in the hotel list or on this forum.

3* Jan 9, One night 2 adults, 2 kids $109.

Amenities

Fitness Center

Pool

Business Center

Laundry

High Speed Internet.

Thanks for the help

If you change your search to 4adults/0children a new 3* hotel appears in the FLL zone for $114 with:

Complimentary Breakfast, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry

This is a match for the Holiday Inn Express Airport-Sea Port so that would be my best guess for this one.

No telling if the previous property above is the same as this one but with a few amenities 'missing', but at just $5 more and this 4adult property showing good 4.0/5.0 Tripadvisor review, would this work for your plans?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for that info. Does searching using 4 adults instead of 2 adults 2kids affect anything when it comes to booking like that, and I show up with 2 kids instead of 2 adults? When I just did a search again using 4 adults, I see what I beleive to be the Westin Diplomat for $93, but it doesn't come up with 2 adults/2 kids in the search (although I beleive the Diplomat Country Club does come up using 2 adults/2children). I think I would jump on that one at that price, but I'm concerned that they might not honor that price if we show up with 2 kids.

The only time it's a problem is if you land an 'adults only' property... otherwise not problem booking 4adults when you'll actually be 2adults/2children (although for anyone else following along, it could be a problem the other way around and i DON'T recommend booking for 2adults/2children if you'll actually be 4adults)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just booked the Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach (through the HOTWIRE link on this site of course). The amenities came up as Resort, Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, High Speed Internet and Golf nearby. This is for Jan 9/2011 for one night and was searched as 2 adults/2 children. When I searched as 4 adults, a 4* with a slightly different set of amenities came up (but no Spa which seems to be a Diplomat giveaway). I am very happy with the rate of $92 and look forward to staying here for our pre-cruise night. Thanks to those who offered help and advice through my first HOTWIRE booking. I definitely will be trying this again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]