Priceline Hotel: Rooms with 2 beds

Escapethesnow
By Escapethesnow,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Hard to say what your chances are in Puerto Rico but i would be a bit cautious given that service levels there are typically not as high as we often see in the mainland United States (it's a cultural thing, imo).

You can see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ regarding room requests, but it's a risk you'll have to decide if you're willing to accept as it's possible the hotel you receive will be unable, or unwilling, to provide you a room with more then one bed. If you're unwilling to accept take this chance HOTWIRE may be a better option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy. (the trade-off is that HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE)

What are the dates of your stay? What is your expected budget?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your quick reply. Thanks also for the link...I should have looked at the FAQ section before I posted.

My dates are Feb 11, 2011 for one night pre-cruise. I actually need two rooms, one for 2 adults and one for 2+2. I would be willing to pay up to 120 per room. To get that price on Hotwire it looks like I would need to drop to a 2.5 star. Is this true, or am I missing something?

Yes, that's correct, but there is not much of a price difference for the 2.5* (at $112/nite) and the 3* ($142/nite) and the 3.5* ($145/nite)... so to ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you'll currently need to increase your budget by ~$20/nite.

What is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable hotel for these dates (with one of the rooms for quad occupancy)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Hotwire prices end up being higher than they look. The 3.5* at $145/ngt also has tax of $21 and a resort fee of $20. The 3* does not have a resort fee, but the tax is $40, so they both work out to be about the same. I am surprised that a 3.5* would have a resort fee. I guess I'll just have to take my chances with Priceline if I want the (potentially) cheaper price.

In my experience, which is 20 + times with Priceline in many cities, I have never had a problem getting a room with two double beds.

Here is what I do:

Call the hotel directly after you get a winning bid on one room on Priceline. Talk to the reservations desk and request a room with two double beds. Most hotels will on the spot guarantee you a room with two double beds.

The best explanation as to why they are willing to do this is that it is the king rooms that are harder to come by. So if they can lock you into a room with two doubles that makes it easier for them on the day of check in when everyone else is requesting a room with a king.

IF they cannot guarantee you two doubles, then go back and make another bid at your winning price and you'll more than likely get another of the same rooms.

I know there are a lot of if's here, but I've never had a problem.

Good luck!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]