Priceline Hotel: Tyrol, Austria?

das_ubersoldat
By das_ubersoldat,
in

At least you got some detail on the map. All I got was a very big gray circle in a gray-blue background. I tried going through the Priceline list of cities and same result. I'd suggest you contact Priceline directly. I'll send them an email too. Maybe they will think there is a run on business there.

Romelle

Priceline wrote back already.

"When you request a hotel room in a city and no map is provided for you,

we will search for a hotel located within city limits."

Interesting. That might work for what I was seeing, but I do wonder what you might have gotten with the map you were seeing?

Romelle

I did know it was a region, but when I saw PRICELINE treat it as a city name I just assumed there was also a city of the same name. Wrong! Looks like I just learned something - again.

I tried for PRICELINE hotels via the retail side (tried several different dates), and got the following message:

"Please note: Our search found that there are no hotels available in this city for the travel dates you entered. Please enter new travel dates below or try a nearby city or town."

I don't think bidding via PRICELINE will yield much at this point in time. You might look at www.kayak.com, www.Hotels.com and some other of the general sites under the Support/Travel Links tab just above. I've had success with GTA Hotels and also www.venere.com when bidding wouldn't work for me.

Romelle

• 4 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]