Priceline Hotel: 4 star south beach area?? How much $$

Thesawch
By Thesawch,
in

I want to stay in South beach and was wondering what the going rate for a 4 star in the area would go for on priceline for feb 4 th -6th 2011.i just need an approx price range to figure out what i should bid. I usually get hotels in Coral gables or Downtown for under 90 bucks before but South beach is new to me.Thanks

Current rates in South Beach are somewhat high for these dates and i suspect a 4* hotel will likely cost in the mid-$200's or more. I'd obviously start much lower, but i'm guessing it will likely take this much... is this within the range of your expected budget?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Current rates in South Beach are somewhat high for these dates and i suspect a 4* hotel will likely cost in the mid-$200's or more. I'd obviously start much lower, but i'm guessing it will likely take this much... is this within the range of your expected budget?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

ya,its kinda high for me at mid 200's.I will try for downtown or the old stand by Coral gables for under 100 bucks.Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have been trying to get a 4 star in downtown miami and I added Coral Gables and the south beach hotels and have gone up to 115 dollars for feb 4 to 6th 2011 and not takers yet.What the heck is going on as i usually get them for under 100 bucks in coral gables or downtown.Is there something going on there we don't know about.thanks thesawch

There is a fairly large antique show (over 1000 dealers) but not sure how much of a draw this is to effect hotel rates, as rates seem high throughout alll weekend dates in February.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help to ID central SB hotel ,3 star

There is a hotel on hotwire for Feb 4 to 6 2011 in Central South Beach area.its is listed as 3 star for 121 a night. It is a boutique,near beach, bussiness center and high speed internet along with a kitchenette is all thei is listed. Can anyone identify this hotel for me?? And what is a 3 star hotel like in Central South beach?? Thanks thesawch from Canada.

I have been trying to get a 4 star in downtown miami and I added Coral Gables and the south beach hotels and have gone up to 115 dollars for feb 4 to 6th 2011 and not takers yet.What the heck is going on as i usually get them for under 100 bucks in coral gables or downtown.Is there something going on there we don't know about.thanks thesawch

Wow I am in the same situation - looking for 1 night precruise downtown miami for feb 2 - and NO DEALS to be had! Very frustrating and was also considering other areas, like Coral Gables as well! (and last year got the Hyatt for $65!).

I am following all the boards and bids and hoping that something good will turn up!

Good luck to you as well and let us know if you find anything suitable!

Thesawch,

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

The 3* property above has not yet been reported to the board, but if i were to take a guess, i think the Ocean Reef Hotel without a 'suite' icon is among the likely candidates.

With all the small, independent, properties in this area i wouldn't expect much from a HOTWIRE 3* rated hotel, but this offering does show a 4.0/5.0 Tripadvisor rating which at least gives some comfort that this hotel meets expectations of a 3* rated hotel.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Froufie,

Please follow-up your previous Hotwire Ft Lauderdale thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay... then if you'd like help with your Miami trip please continue your current Hotwire Hotel thread.

THANKS!

• 8 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]