Priceline Hotel: Hotel in Washington DC

oghsjbabbitt
By oghsjbabbitt,
in

I am thinking about taking Greyhound to Washington DC for 1 or 2 days either before ,during or after my New York trip that is set from 5/19-5/28. I am looking for a hotel with at least 2 stars (3* preferred) and would like to spend less than $80 but can go to $100 a night if absolutely neccessary.

I would want a hotel accessible to the Metro as I wont have a car and I read that

Downtown/White House ,Convention Center/Capital Hill, and Dupont/Woodley Park are convient for Metro access. Will all hotels in these zones be convient for Metro access?

I think i would fly to Washington on the 16th or 17th and chack out and head to NYC on the 19th. I also could stay from the 28th on or even leave my hotel in NY for one night during my vacation. Coming early is my preferred option though.

I know that all the 4*'s in those zones are easily Metro accessible, as well as all the 3*'s in Convention Center/Capital Hill and Dupont/Woodley Park. I'm not absolutely sure about a couple of the 3*'s that rarely come up in the Downtown/White House zone, buy my guess would be very probably yes. I haven't checked rates, but it may be possible to get a 4* in the Downtown/White House zone for as low as $75, or $80 in the Convention Center/Capital Hill zone. So if you like luxury, you may want to start with 4*.

I have no idea which zone the Smithsonian is in so i guess you'll have to get confirmation on that as well (get the address of the Smithsonian, put into mapquest or the like, and then compare to the Priceline map)

Once that's determined we'll need to know if you want one nite or two in DC as above you were undecided.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

One more question so that we can give you a strategy inline with what you're looking for... if for example the Cap Hill zone could be had for more than $80 but less than $100, which you want to try up to $100 before adding other zones or is price more important of a factor and you'd rather pay less and not be in your first choice of zone?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]