Priceline Hotel: Hilotn affiliation in Pittsburgh

CanadianSteel
By CanadianSteel,
in

• 3 weeks later...
I've noticed that The Hilton Downtown Pittsburgh is no longer a Hilton property and is now called the Grand. Does anyone know if it's still used by priceline and if it's still at the 3* level?

Thanks.

Last I heard, Hilton attempted to remove its name from this hotel and actually did remove it from the Hilton reservation system. The ownership group of the hotel was forced into Bankruptcy because the the mortgage lender started to foreclose once Hilton attempted to remove its name from the Hotel. Wyndham is interested in the hotel and would like to make it a "Wyndham Grand", which is possibly why the hotel is now known as the Grand. The ownership group of the hotel was trying to keep the Hilton name associated with the hotel until a change can be made to Wyndham. Hilton was against this and parties are fighting it out in Bankruptcy Court. I would expect that the change will take a while as everything will be needed to be worked out through the Bankruptcy Court. I would suspect that the ownership group of the hotel will try to provide an inventory of its rooms through Priceline and Hotwire, especially now that it is not on the Hilton reservation system.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]