Hotwire Hotel: Assistance - 4* Downtown Vancouver West

rsaini
By rsaini,
in

Both the Hyatt Regency and the Westin Bayshore have been reported to the board with this amenity combination so either of these would be among the likely candidates. HOWEVER, i'll also add in the possibility of the Coast Coal Harbour Hotel with the addition of a new Smoke Free icon... the HOTWIRE offer above shows a TA rating of 4.5/5.0 and of these three only the Coast has a 4.5 TA rating (but the TA info shown by HOTWIRE is not updated in real time so it is possible that the rating has changed since HOTWIRE's last update)... i'd lean towards the Coast Coal as my best guess, but you should at least be prepared for any of these (or some other hotel not yet reported to the board)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply...wife not willing to risk it since she doesn't like the alternative so will pass..

One other question - near the bottom it states "95% of Hotwire reviews recommend 500+ total reviews" but I can't find reference to a hotel with 500+ reviews anywhere (either at Trip Advisor for the 4*'s in the area or by trying to do a vacation thru Hotwire and searching those hotels for more information)...is there anyway to reference this info or is it just "fake" data?

There is no reference to check against for the HOTWIRE customer %, as there is when the tripadvisor ratings are showing on the detail page (although those ratings are not updated to-the-minute.)

If you do go with a regular rate listing, Orbitz coupon REVIEW5 (5% off) or Expedia coupon FESTIVE10 ($10 off per night should work for many hotels.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE, PRICELINE, Expedia or Orbitz links to start your purchases and searches.

The summary is derived from Hotwire customer surveys, and there's nothing to check it against.

It appears that the hotel you're seeing now is different from the one that thereuare saw this morning. The Coast Coal Harbour opened shortly before the Olympics; it's unlikely that it would already have 500+ reviews. If you change the search parameters to 2 adults/1 child, the hotel that comes up has the same customer review summary, but with the added amenities of Tennis and Spa, and a 4.0 TA rating. This is a match for the Westin Bayshore, and is probably the hotel that came up in your most recent search.

It appears that the hotel you're seeing now is different from the one that thereuare saw this morning. The Coast Coal Harbour opened shortly before the Olympics; it's unlikely that it would already have 500+ reviews.

If i recall correctly the hotel i saw this morning was listed with 30+ reviews.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]