By Nodge,
in

Hotwire 3* in Portland, Oregon (Greater Downtown) was:

Mallory Hotel

729 S.W. 15th Avenue

Portland, Oregon 97205

(503) 223-6311

Amenities listed: Restaurant(s), Fitness Center, High-Speed Internet Access

Hotwire Price: $66/night (with taxes, etc., total was $80.95).

I booked the room for a friend. His Hotwire reservation was refused when he attempted to check-in.

Upon trying to check-in at around 9 pm last night, the Mallory Hotel refused his Hotwire reservation. The check-in clerk said that the hotel had no record of it. When my friend showed the clerk a copy of the printed Hotwire confirmation, the clerk said that this didn

Sounds a little fishy... HOTWIRE's customer service has actually been pretty good and if all the details above are correct i can't see them refusing a refund given the circumstances.

It's possible that you haven't been given all the details, but if the above is complete, your friend should try to talk to a manager about getting his money back.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm staying at the Mallory in a couple weeks, I booked my room before I was a BetterBidding member, otherwise I would have linked through BetterBidding to support this site. . . I'm paying $115 per night, so $66 is a great deal if they get things straight.

The Mallory is a great Old Hotel that was sold in the summer of 2004 to new owners. I only hope the new owners keep up the personal service of the past . . .

Animaltrout

Please post the details of your win as a NEW TOPIC since it is for different dates than the thread for this stay. This will also enable users to see the frequency of how often this hotel is reported just by scanning the topic titles, as well as help somebody that may be looking for the same dates as your upcoming stay.

Thanks! (and thank you for your support)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]