Priceline Hotel: How to win the Grand Hyatt (MTE) in July 2011?

pogonation
By pogonation,
in

Hi there,

I have been a long time lurker on this fantastic site after finding out about priceline on flyertalk.com. I have made quite a few priceline reservations before (always making sure to use the link) thanks to the info posted on this site.

I have now decided to visit New York (from UK) with my girlfriend in July 2011. I am looking for a hotel in MTE and in particular the Grand Hyatt. I have looked at the list of winning bids and most people bidding for 4* around the $100-$190 mark have ended up with either the W New York or the Grand Hyatt. The reason I want to get the GH is because I have Hyatt diamond status and therefore I will get free breakfast daily and most importantly I can use a suite upgrade to get into one of the suites (brand new suites by 07/2011 due to the current renovation). If I ended up at the W it wouldn't be too bad since I am platinum with SPG as well and will receive free upgrade etc. However I really want to get the GH :)

So I was wondering if any of the experienced members on here could give me a few tips to improve my chances of getting the Grand Hyatt. Things like price to bid, when to bid etc. would be really helpful?

Thanks for any help :)

Welcome (officially) to BetterBidding!

Please begin to share your wins with the board so that the information can best help others users.

There is no way to bid on a specific hotel nor increase your chances to receive the Grand Hyatt. If you're trying to target this particular property HOTWIRE may be a better option as you can often take an educated guess as to what you may received based upon the amenities shown before your purchase, but in this particular instance this may prove to be futile since the amenities associated with the Grand Hyatt are identical to another hotel in this zone. Therefore even if you see the amenities previously reported to be associated with the Grand Hyatt, there would be no way to determine if the hotel being offered was the Grand Hyatt or the other hotel in the zone (or some new hotel in the zone) with the same exact amenity combination.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Based upon the above let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

you might be interested in this offer -- sign up for a credit card and get two free Hyatt nights. My husband just signed up and we're planning to use it in NYC this spring. There seem to be no blackout dates or restrictions (eg if a room is available, it's yours --- possibly limited to standard rooms, but that doesn't seem to be an issue for you).

I have no vested interest in this, BTW

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/hyatt

• 8 months later...

WAS Curious how things worked out with the attempt for Grand Hyatt. My experience with Priceline has been it is often hard to get a specific Hotel unless there are very few at the level requested in a particular area. HOWEVER MORE IMPORTANTLY I HAVE FOUND ... IF YOU BID AND BOOK A DISCOUNTED RATE THROUGH PRICELINE Hotels often will not honor any other Programs you belong to.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]