Hotwire Hotel: 4* NYC (Times Square-Theater District) Millenium Broadway

rafimo
By rafimo,
in

Many thanks for the information on this site.

Yesterday I purchased a 4* hotel for $189 in Times Square (restaurant, business center, gym, high speed internet, and 90% customer approval rating) for 11/13 - used your link. Based on the Hotwire hotel info, since it was not a "customer favorite," I narrowed it to the Intercontinental. Unfortunately, I received the Millenium Broadway (which is an AAA 3 star hotel and rated 3.5* by Priceline)....bummer.

I am looking to book another hotel on 11/13. Hotwire has a similar 4* hotel (restaurant, business center, gym, high speed internet, and here's the difference, it states: "We are still gathering reviews for this proprty") and the price is $249.

Here are my two questions, regarding the statement that "We are still gathering reviews for this property":

1. Since this rating statement is different than the rating statement for the Millenium Broadway (90% customer approval), is it pretty certain that the $249 hotel is NOT the Millenium Broadway?

2. Since the Intercontinental just opened up last summer, do you think that this $249 Hotwire hotel is the Intercontinental (since Hotwire is still gathering reviews).

Thanks again.

Please share your win(s) with the board in their own topics (not as add-on to questions for other/additional stays) so that others can benefit from the information when searching the topic titles on the board and the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

I don't even know if the Customer Favorite designation is still used by HOTWIRE so that is not a reliable means of identifying/excluding hotels from the possibilities... even when it was used it would come and go from one search to the next, so it was more of a confirmation tool (when it appeared... not when it didn't) rather than a primary tool. Similarly, the percent recommended figures shown by HOTWIRE can change slightly for the same hotel from one search to the next, as well as revert to 'still gathering info', so i wouldn't read too much into this information when trying to determine possible hotels.

I've used this thread to reflect your purchase of the Millennium Broadway... thanks for using the HOTWIRE link on the board and letting us know of the star rating upgrade for the Hotwire Hotel List.

If you need further help with the additional room for this nite please start a NEW TOPIC.

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks and I apologize for not posting in a manner that was more beneficial to the board...we all aprpeciate this resource.

I do have a follow-up question to your response. In watching Hotwire today, I've noticed that they have a $249 listing for a hotel with the same attributes - the only difference is that sometimes it says "90% approval rate" and other times it says "Still gathering information." In your experience, do you think these are the same hotels?

In watching Hotwire today, I've noticed that they have a $249 listing for a hotel with the same attributes - the only difference is that sometimes it says "90% approval rate" and other times it says "Still gathering information." In your experience, do you think these are the same hotels?
... the percent recommended figures shown by HOTWIRE can change slightly for the same hotel from one search to the next, as well as revert to 'still gathering info', so i wouldn't read too much into this information when trying to determine possible hotels.

If each hotel showed unique icons for the area, say Suite and/or Kitchenette (both of which are rare in NYC), you could speculate that they may likely be the same hotel, but with the amenities above, which are quite common for a 4* hotel in the area, it's impossible to say with any degree of certainty if it's the same hotel being offered or not.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...
Do you happen to remember how many TA reviews were mentioned for this listing? I'm looking at the same amenities with 90% ratings and 100+ reviews, but I'd rather not end up with the Millennium Broadway.

If you need help with your own stay please start a NEW TOPIC. In your post please include the date(s) of your stay and click this HOTWIRE link before replying.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]