DC Washington Phoenix Park Hotel Capital Hill

UAB Blazer
By UAB Blazer,
in

I enjoyed this hotel. It came up in the Capital Hill/Convention Center area on Priceline. It was walking distance to Union Square and the Capitol building. The staff seemed professional, and friendly. There was plenty of street parking on the weekend. Do not waste the $20 or so dollars for valet, or you could park at Union Square for less than the valet cost. During the week it might be a different situation with parking.

The room was small, but it suited my needs. It was incredibly clean, especially the bathroom. They put out the Washington Post in front of every door in the morning.

There is a nice Irish pub downstairs called The Dubliner. It was very authentic, and I thought the drinks were very reasonably priced. $4 for a mixed drink. There were people sitting beside me at the bar with Irish accents, so thats how I can say it was authentic.

Like I said, I was pleased. I also got a great bargain through Priceline. I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

• 2 years later...

I stayed here at the end of March 2007 and paid $84 per night through HOTWIRE. It was great for the price, definitely clean and we got a good night's sleep. Its just about across the street from Union Station which is very handy for catching tours and the metro. The only bad part was the restaurant "The Dubliner" downstairs. Don't waste your time there. The service is horrendous and the food is even worse. Go over to Union Station to eat instead. Other than that, it was a great deal and very convenient.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]