Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) Grand Hyatt

SocialAdept
By SocialAdept,
in

I need some advice on a bidding strategy for 4* hotels in New York City (Manhattan) for the 11-13th of December. From what I've understood 5* hotels are no longer available in NYC otherwise these should be in the running as well. I'm gunning for $150/night tops, but since I'll be able to bid basically everyday I'm hoping to start far lower.

The areas that I'm interested in (descending order) are:

Midtown East

Empire State Building Area

Midtown West

<large gap>

Downtown/SoHo

Naturally I'm going to use the Betterbidding link for my booking when the time comes!

I need some advice on a bidding strategy for 4* hotels in New York City (Manhattan) for the 11-13th of December. From what I've understood 5* hotels are no longer available in NYC otherwise these should be in the running as well. I'm gunning for $150/night tops, but since I'll be able to bid basically everyday I'm hoping to start far lower.

The areas that I'm interested in (descending order) are:

Midtown East

Empire State Building Area

Midtown West

<large gap>

Downtown/SoHo

Naturally I'm going to use the Betterbidding link for my booking when the time comes!

I don't think that is going to happen. I've been bidding for 2 weeks for a 3 star and have gone up to $200.00 with no luck, for the 9th-12th

Brutal. That's what this stay is going to be, I'd change the stop over in NYC if I could.

My failed bidding history:

$200 - MTE

$210 - +Brooklyn

$220 - +Coney Island

$230 - +Long Island

$180 - + Downtown/Soho (I kinda went backward hear since MTE was my #1 territory but I switched target to Dowtown)

$190 - +Madison Square Garden

$200 - +Upper East Side

$210 - +Empire State Building Area

$230 - +MTW

$250 - +Chelsea

I'll give it a shot again tomorrow,but at this rate I might just bookrack rate with GoldPoints+ whereI have status to gain some points. I'm also seriously considering splitting the stay.

Congrats on your success. :)

Sorry to hear that the bidding for both nights did not go as planned, but it may be due to something going on on the night of the 11th effecting availability/prices.

Very nice deal for this NYC property for the 12th, though!

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]