Priceline Hotel: 3* Greenville-Spartanburg (Greenville-Airport GSP) Courtyard Greenvill

oldmanbob
By oldmanbob,
in

I had read the recent winning bid for the Hyatt Greenville so I was encouraged; but then I read recent trip advisor feedback. I decided not to try for the Hyatt. Worse, self parking is $6 per night extra at the Hyatt

I changed strategy and went for the Greenville Airport zone as the only 3 1/2 hotel is the Hilton and it had had great reviews. Initial bid of $43 rejected. Added a 2nd area (Duncan) This was not a threat as it only has a two star in it effectively allowing me a free rebid. But, alas, my 2nd bid of $51 was also rejected.

Changed strategy a little and lowered star level to a 3 star. This only opened up one hotel based on the listed hotels on BB's Priceline hotel list, (I know the list is a good basis of info, but also realize it is subject to Priceline changing star levels and adding hotels that may not yet be on the list).

Thus I downgraded my bid from a 3 1/2 star to 3 star but also lowered my bid to $44. This winning bid was accepted. The confirm even offerred additional nights at same price, possibly inferring I may have successful at even a lower bid. However, a $44 cost plus fees is more than acceptable for this property, which is well rated on Trip Advisor.

I am determined to see the fall colors this year and last weekends trip to Asheville was much more expensive but also unproductive as the recent wind and rains had stripped most trees bare of leaves.

Courtyard By Marriott Greenville-Spartanburg Airport ***

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $44.00

Subtotal: $44.00

Taxes & Fees: $12.28

Total Charges*: $56.28

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]