Priceline Hotel: 3* Pittsburgh (University Center) Courtyard Shadyside

CanadianSteel
By CanadianSteel,
in

My friends and I are trying to get 3 rooms in downtown Pittsburgh for Nov. 19th - Nov. 22nd. We've tried bidding for 3.5* and 4* up to $100 and 3* up to $85, but still have had no luck. I realize these are not overly high bids given the area, but i had seen lower bids being accepted on here in the past. Is trying to get 3 rooms at once hurting our chances? Would we be better off going for two then one??

Thanks for you help!

Rates differ (and sometimes significantly) from day-to-day, and these days may be busier, unfortunately. What would be your desired budget per night?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

We didn't really start out with a budget, but I think we were hoping for under $100. That being said, we might try going a bit higher and then consider looking at a couple of areas close to downtown.

Do you think trying for 3 rooms is affecting our chances?

Thanks.

I don't think 3 rooms is really the problem with these dates, unfortunately; prices are higher than normal (something going on these dates - maybe a convention or other event) and unfortunately, these bids are just not enough. I think you could continue slowly higher, or if other outlying areas are acceptable, that would also be a good option.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE, PRICELINE or Expedia links to start your purchases and searches.

I would call and ask the front desk... if they say no, I would just talk with the shuttle driver. A nice tip will get you a ride anywhere in downtown. They may not take you all the way to the stadium on game day, because they will get stuck in the traffic. Most will drop you off across the river and you can just walk the 20 minutes to the field. It would probably take you that long to get through the traffic anyway.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]