Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (Dupont Circle-Woodley Park) Hotel Dupont

Tattersall
By Tattersall,
in

I usually use Priceline and am newer at Hotwire, so I apologize if I'm not phrasing my question correctly.

I'm planning a trip to Washington DC for four nights, 12/28-1/1, and am trying to figure out what two hotels might be. I have always stayed at the Hotel Palomar, using Name Your Own Price, but am thinking it would be nice to try a new place for a change.

The first hotel is Kennedy Center/GW University area, 4*, $99 a night, 95% positive Hotwire reviews

Amenities listed are nonsmoking, fitness, pool, restaurant, business center, Internet.

The second hotel is Dupont Circle-Embassy Row, 3.5*, $79 a night, 90% positive Hotwire reviews

Amenities listed are Boutique, fitness, restaurant, business center, Internet

Any guesses? Thanks so much! I will be sure to reserve through your link, as always, and to update when I have finalized my plans.

I think this is the first time I've seen the Hotel Dupont appear here for Priceline (I know people have gotten it on Hotwire).

I haven't been to this new hotel before, and am actually pretty disappointed because I was hoping for the Palomar (where I've stayed on two or three other Priceline trips). I'll be traveling with my husband and our very active toddler, and from looking at the pictures on the hotel website, I have no idea how we're going to fit a crib or stroller in the room. The hotel looks chic, but the rooms seem very cramped compared to the nice big rooms at the Palomar. Plus, there are no bathtubs, just showers -- tricky if you're trying to bath a little kid.

Oh well -- it was a good deal, since I had Priceline bonus cash. Price $90 a night (bid $80, Priceline added $10 a night bonus cash). I booked it using your PRICELINE link, as always.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately, we weren't able to try this hotel due to the huge blizzard in Boston -- our flight was cancelled and couldn't be rebooked until three days later, so we had to stay home. I wanted to say, though, that Priceline has agreed to refund the Dupont Hotel reservation upon confirmation of my cancelled flight. That, at least, is a relief.

I also communicated with the Dupont Hotel manager in advance of my stay (Scott Dawson) and he was extremely helpful and professional.

Maybe another time..sad to miss this hotel stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]