Priceline Hotel: 4* New Orleans (Downtown) Sheraton

JamieDDS
By JamieDDS,
in

I have been bidding for 2 weeks for a French Quarter or Downtown N.O. hotel. I finally got a good deal.

I bid up to $101 for a 4* French Quarter and all bids were denied.

For a downtown, I started bidding at $55 and finally accepted at $83. So, I know I got the best deal down to the dollar.

Sheraton New Orleans Hotel

500 Canal Street

New Orleans, LA 70130

504-525-2500

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $83.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 3

Room Subtotal: $249.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $47.79 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $296.79 (USD)

Thank you for the great website. LOVE IT.

I used the links.

Hello:

I am staying at the Sheraton Downtown (won through Priceline) this weekend.

From what I can see, the ONLY transportation option besides a Taxi is the "Airport Shuttle."

Is this what everyone else is doing? Is there a better option??

My hesitation is that it says the trip takes 1 hour (!!!!!), even though Google maps says the trip takes only 23 minutes.....

PLEASE.....I've never been to N.O. before.....give me the inside track. Should I do this for $38 round trip??

THANKS THANKS THANKS>

Any other tips about the Sheraton????? THANKS.

It depends upon how much 40 minutes of your vacation is worth :)

There is also the public bus which i believe lets you off near the library and then is a moderate walk to the FQ... although this link also discusses an option to transfer to another bus: http://www.airportgrounddirectory.com/msypt.html Certainly not the fastest or most convenient, but at ~$5 it's certainly cheap.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've done the bus, shuttle, and taxi all multiple times.

Don't consider the shuttle unless you are alone. With 2 or more, a cab costs about the same and is much more convenient. The shuttle takes the same amount of time from driving from airport to downtown, about 20 minutes. The problem with the shuttle is you may sit at the airport for a while as they wait for more passengers, and if you happen to be the last drop-off, you may spend 20 minutes circling downtown before you get to the Sheraton.

The city bus is a good choice is you are traveling light, and during the hours when the bus goes to downtown (before 6:15 pm, weekdays only). From the downtown drop off, it's probably a quarter mile or so to the Sheraton, maybe a bit more. Ok with a carry-on, if the weather is nice, but not recommended with big bags. You could always flag a cab for those few blocks, but the cabbie will likely charge you the hotel-to-hotel $10 flat rate. Evenings and weekends, the bus trip requires a transfer, and I wouldn't recommend that unless your budget is really tight.

I have a page that describes these in more detail at http://jazzfest.swagland.com/airport.html, it's aimed at Jazzfest but is valid year round.

Info on Airport Transportation

Well...I have to agree with the other gentleman who commented on the airport shuttle.

It is a complete waste of time and it doesn't really save that much money.

I did take the "Airport Shuttle" to the Sheraton for $20 pre-paid. The trip takes a solid hour because you make so many stops. I think it's a good service, but it's WAY over priced.

A cab has a flat-rate of $33 to any hotel downtown or FQ. I don't know about you guys.....but to me an extra $13 is well worth saving 30-35 minutes and a private ride.

The Sheraton is nice, but the room I was given was run-down.....I am sure I got the "priceline room."

And......tiny pool with no hot tub. I would def not consider this hotel a 4-star.

A traveler's tip: the locals go to "Frenchman Street" and a KICKIN local bar is called Club Negril.....it was amazing local bands and bottles of local beer are $5. This place was the highlight of our trip.

Cheers!!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]