Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Phoenix (Metrocenter) Sheraton Crescent

jcp411
By jcp411,
in

Hi all,

I'm new here but have used PRICELINE a bit in the past.

What do you think I should try to get this hotel or a 3.5 star in the Metrocenter area?

In the past I've tried for really high star ratings and sometimes been disappointed. It seems sometimes that a high star hotel is actually kind of run down and old and I'm almost rather have a 3 or 2.5 star. Is this true?

Any thoughts or advice would be great!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

What do you think I should try to get this hotel or a 3.5 star in the Metrocenter area?
You can't bid on a specific hotel on PRICELINE... you must be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you select. If you're trying to target, or avoid, a particular property HOTWIRE may be a better option as you can often take an educated guess as to the property being offered based upon the amenities shown before your purchase.
In the past I've tried for really high star ratings and sometimes been disappointed. It seems sometimes that a high star hotel is actually kind of run down and old and I'm almost rather have a 3 or 2.5 star. Is this true?
Not sure what hotels/zones you previously have bid for and received, but i have not found the above to be the case. You may get a 4* that you believe is more worth of a 3.5* rating, but i don't hear too many examples of 4* hotels being "old and rundown". I think you can be disappointed in a hotel at any star level, but at the higher star levels a disappointing hotel may still be acceptable... whereas at the lower star levels a disappointment may be unacceptable. It really comes down to researching the zone and have a sense of what is offered in the area and where the value is.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the info. :)

I guess I was speculating on getting the Sheraton Crescent as that was the only 3.5 star listed on the Priceline list of hotels. I know that, it doesn't necessarily guarantee getting that one... but it's speculative. :)

On the hotels in general, most of the time I've had a really good experience with Priceline. It was just when I started getting into higher star ratings the hotels seemed to be more run down then normal (or what you'd expect). I can't remember the specifics now (I'd have to go through me emails from 8 months ago) but it just seemed to be a trend. I hope I'm wrong. :o I'm going to see what I can get right now. :)

Thank you for all your help! :D

Ok, this is what I did.

I needed 3 rooms. 2 for 1 night (my wife and I and a room for her 2 sisters) and 1 room for 2 nights (my in-laws).

11/12-11/13 Bid $55 3.5* Phoenix Metrocenter and WON.

11/12-11/13 Bid $52 3.5* Phoenix Metrocenter and WON.

11/12-11/14 Bid $51 3.5* Phoenix Metrocenter and REJECTED.

11/12-11/14 Bid $52 3.5* Phoenix Metrocenter and Phoenix West and REJECTED.

11/12-11/14 Bid $55 3.5* Phoenix Metrocenter, Phoenix West and Phoenix Airport (PHX) and WON.

The reason I booked them separate was because I was booking one room for my wife and I that I knew we could live with but my in-laws have never used Priceline so I didn't want to tie them in to a hotel until I knew what I was getting. So then I booked the 2 sisters room and then finally my in-laws room for the 2 nights (because they are staying later then us). After I did the first 2 Priceline said I couldn't book a 3rd itinerary because of security reasons. So I switched browsers, stayed logged out of my account and got my brothers CC to book the reservation.

Kind of weird the price went back up. I guess it was for the 2 nights. Anyway I got it and am happy. As long as the hotel is good enough. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]