Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Morgantown Lakeview Resort and Spa

nayola
By nayola,
in

On October 25, 2010, I used the PRICELINE link on this site and bid $44 for a 3 star in Morgantown, West Virginia. I totally DID NOT want the 3.5 star resort option because the resort in this area got HORRIBLE reviews on the tripadvisor website.

Well, wouldn't you know it -- Priceline "upgraded" me, and I won the resort with my first bid even though I did not have that option checked. I'm still kind of new to bidding, so I didn't even realize that this could happen.

On October 27, 2010, my husband and I spent the night at the resort, and it was just as bad as everyone on tripadvisor said. This place is dreary, dated, and depressing. It really should be downgraded to a 1 star. It was built in about 1955, and looks like it has never been updated EVER. It reminds you of someplace out of a gritty 1970's movie like Serpico. Morning could not come fast enough. I swear I slept with one-eye open the entire night!!

One good thing about it is the bed sheets were white and seemed clean. Also, the front desk staff were very friendly and professional.

Anyway, I'm not whining or complaining. My husband and I actually got a lot of laughs out of the entire situation.

Well, wouldn't you know it -- Priceline "upgraded" me, and I won the resort with my first bid even though I did not have that option checked. I'm still kind of new to bidding, so I didn't even realize that this could happen.

So you're aware for future bidding, the star rating you select is the minimum you're willing to accept and PRICELINE will always try to upgrade you to a higher rated property if one is available.

Glad to see yo made the best of the situation.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So you're aware for future bidding, the star rating you select is the minimum you're willing to accept and PRICELINE will always try to upgrade you to a higher rated property if one is available.

Glad to see yo made the best of the situation.

Thanks for letting me know! Trust me, I'm getting more saavy as far as bidding. All in all, I've had great experiences. So I'm happy with the system. And I'm so grateful for the betterbidding website.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]