Priceline Hotel: 4* Minneapolis-St Paul (Downtown Minneapolis) Hyatt Regency

BrooklynFan16
By BrooklynFan16,
in

I'm coming in with two friends from NY from 12/10-12/13 to see the Giants/Vikings game.

Tried bidding yesterday on a hotel in downtown Minneapolis.

Using rebid zones (and even eliminating the 12/10 date because we have friends we could stay with), we bid up to $70 per night and got nothing.

We were kind of surprised since the Hilton is available on their website for $80/night and the Hyatt Regency on theirs for $129/night.

Do you think it's too far out to get a great deal?

I'm thinking about taking the $85 AAA rate on the Hilton which can be cancelled and trying again in a few weeks.

Is this my best option?

A little surprising that no bids were accepted, but maybe an issue of the game going on during this periods so hotels not discounting or not aggressively discounting.

One other suggestion is that the Doubletree Guest Suites is $89 on Expedia, plus coupon code FESTIVE10 takes $10 off. The $89 listing also notes "free breakfast", as well. Not a 4*, but $79 + free breakfast and suite (plus free cookies at check-in) is not a bad possibility.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE or Expedia links to start your purchases and searches.

If you can get the Hilton for $80, that is a good price. As a local, I can tell you the Hilton is a much better option than the Doubletree. It is a lot closer to Mall of America Field (Metrodome) as well. That Doubletree is tired and old. The Hilton is really nice.

The 4* that seems to be won most downtown is the Hyatt Regency. While I like the Hyatt, it is on the opposite end of downtown from the dome and isn't as nice as the Hilton. When the Twins used to play at the dome, I would advise friends from out of town to stay at the Hilton and they all liked it.

That is my two cents...your mileage may vary.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on your success... nicely done!

Glad to see you saved a few extra dollars and are happy with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]