Priceline Hotel: help for 12/11 - 12/14 - 4* French Qtr area

allybunnie
By allybunnie,
in

Hi - Just got home from New orleans trip & had a blast...now my friend is going & I am helping her get her hotel thru your site & links...I will be doing it for her...

1. - want to get them into a 4* hotel French Qtr area or even Canal st area...we stayed at the Sheraton on Canal & it was great...just want to get them into same "walking" distance option to Bourbon St etc....so I think I want to only win on French Quarter zone but need strategy with free rebids...(yes I do know how to check the rebid zones.... :o ...you have taught me well.... :) )....I see 5 rebid zones....?

2 - Priceline...can you give me a bidding strategy for 4*?? there is only 1 recent win 12/15 - 52.00 - sheraton canal st...I would like to say or hope a $100.00 max bid would win a great place?....based on the 1 win above I am thinking I would like to max at 75.00 - 80.00 to start ( or lower if u think :) ...)- I can adjust $$ if needed for further rebids if not succesful....does this sound logical & reasonable?

3. - Hotwire - can u identify....might do hotwire if these following hotels can be indentified.....

3.5* - 113.00p/n - amenities - Fitness, Business Ctr, High speed int access - 90% of customer reviews

4.5* - 136.00 p/n - amenities - Fitness, pool, Business Ctr, High speed int access - 90% of customer reviews

Love this site as always...TY for your time & help....Allie

Are the HOTWIRE hotels above in the FQ zone as i'm not seeing either of these when searching HOTWIRE for your dates above... or have you not included all the amenities associated with these properties? If you're still only seeing the amenities above, are you searching for more than one room OR for more than the default 2adults/0children?

Given you only want to bid up to $80 at this point in time, are the HOTWIRE hotels above (which are both over $100) a consideration at this time?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding, searches and purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

hi...i guess i wasnt clear on this...the two hotels I see on Hotwire are listed as Downtown New orleans....I guess I'm confused as the Sheraton I bought on Hotwire is in "downtown", but on your Priceline hotels list, it is in french Quarter...so there 2 Hotwire hotels are Downtown

3.5* - 113.00p/n - amenities - Fitness, Business Ctr, High speed int access - 90% of customer reviews

4.0* - 72.00 p/n - amenities - Fitness, Business Ctr, High speed int access - 85% of customer reviews

4.5* - 136.00 p/n - amenities - Fitness, pool, Business Ctr, High speed int access - 90% of customer reviews

this hotel is listed as French Quarter - 3.5* -

89.00 p/n - amenities - Fitness, pool, Business Ctr,laundry, High speed int access - 85% of customer reviews

all of these are for 1 room - 2 adults - 0 children....

If I can identify any of these...I may go with one as I can tell where they are in relation to FQ......but I am leaning towards Priceline bidding first & if unsuccessful, will possibly go right for the hotwire result...so bidding strategy please :) ??

I'm still not seeing exactly what you're seeing for the HOTWIRE offers above so providing a bidding strategy since it seems as if that's the direction you're heading anyway.

At the 4* level you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

While i don't think your chances are too good with the following, with plenty of time before your stay i would begin as follows:

Select 4* French Quarter...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

hi...so far no luck....tried:

Select 4* French Quarter...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $101....rejected

says "avg" median price for 4* is 130.00...so I am not far off that price....

as for HOTWIRE hotels...this is really weird...rechecked them again...for 12/11/10 - 12/14/10 3 nights these are still there...... :)

French Qtr - 3.5* - 89.00 p/n - Fitness, pool, Business Ctr,laundry, High speed int access - 85% of customer reviews

Downtown - 4.0* - 72.00 p/n - Fitness, Business Ctr, High speed int access - 85% of customer reviews

the 136.00 p/n hotel is still there also, but not interested in going that high, as the Marriott is showing available on "non opaque" section of priceline for 129.00 p/n....that is on Canal in good location....there is the Hilton St Charles showing on same section for under 100.00, (87ish??) but rooms got reveiwed as very small, PLUS there is road construction going on there now 24/7....they even chase bicyclists away from going down the street....

hmmmm gotta think this thru....i dont feel I am that far off the priceline amount that would win...maybe u have a different opinion?? :)

ouch...my bad...SORRY....u r right...no fitness on 4* downtown :) ...I apologize.....have updated what i see available today below....

French Qtr - 3.5* - 89.00 p/n - Fitness, pool, Business Ctr,laundry, High speed int access - 85% of customer reviews

Downtown - 4.0* - 72.00 p/n - Pool, Business Ctr, High speed int access - 85% of customer reviews

these seems like good prices, depending on what hotels they are....

wanted to try & guess...what do u think?

Astor Crowne Plaza?

Downtown - 4.0* - 72.00 p/n - Pool, Business Ctr, High speed int access - 85% of customer reviews

Hilton/ St Charles... :) ??

still wondering about priceline acct question above....it looks as tho on the general questions this has been asked...as long as I fill in the correct area's for her as the occupant of room & I pay on my C/C on my account this will work...yes she will be traveling with a C/C....I can just get her to pay me for total if I win on my acct or my hubby's....gives me 3 accts to work with if this is ok to do!!!

A 3.5* property in the French Quarter zone with the amenities above has not yet been reported and i don't have an educated guess as to what it may likely be... i have no reason to guess the Crowne Plaza over any of the other offerings in this zone.

The 4* Downtown property matches both the Hilton St Charles as well as the Inter-Contnental so that would either of these would be my best guess for this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you decide to more forward and/or how we can be of further help.

Here is my update....not thrilled on not being able to identify possible HOTWIRE choices.....bid on PRICELINE for 4* up to $101.00 and rejected :)

used BEAV's method on their post about being able to identify hotels on Lastminutetravel & was able to fully identify over 6 hotels for same time frame... :)

Booked the 5* Ritz Carlton for an amazing price of $106.00 p/n :o !!!! Could not pass that up....WOW...!! :)

If there is a link on here that helps support this site using Last Minute Travel...please tell me.....I will use it next time!!

Thank you again for ALL of your help.... :D

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]