Priceline Hotel: Bidding Suggestions for MIA 3* DT

huskergirl
By huskergirl,
in

Howdy! I'm about to bid on Priceline for the night before my cruise. I've been scouring the boards looking for tips/information on the going rates. Now, I'd love the $17 rate I saw was a winner awhile back, but I don't suppose that will be happening! :)

I already bid up to $45 earlier in the week and was rejected. How high should I go? The cruise isn't until the first week of June, so I have a little time. Looks like the going rate on hotel websites is as how as $85 (Holiday Inn Port of Miami) but most are in the $159 and above range. (Hyatt, sheraton, etc)

Any advice? Thanks so much!!

How certain are you that it's the Sheraton? Sorry, I'm naive on the clues. :) So, maybe only bid up to about $50 on Priceline hoping for a better rate or a better hotel? (I know that's not guaranteed) I've heard lots of good things about the Hyatt, though I have seen that lots of the bids for 3* hotels in DT are ending up at the Sheraton. Should I be concerned that they are tearing it down in June? I'd hate to have them bump up the demo date. :)

Thanks for the tips--keep them coming!

PS) What does it mean when you submit a bid on priceline and it takes a looooong time for it to come back? I've started the bidding process over, my first bid came immediately back that it was refused, but after using a free rebid zone and a higher bid I got the "you'll have your answer within 15 minutes" page. Still refused, but I didn't know if the wait meant I was getting close to 'the right price.'

My guess is that if you're successful on Priceline it will be at the Sheraton anyway. You can match up the Hotwire description with what is shown for this hotel in our HOTWIRE HOTEL LIST. We can never be certain of a hotel before it's name is shown, but i would suspect with a very high probability that this is the Sheraton.

You can read reviews of this property HERE. I suspect for the price and just one nite it'll work out fine, but it's up to you if you'd still rather try Priceline for a different hotel.

If you book the above please use this HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase. If you'd rather try priceline let us know if you're eligible for the $10 off or not and we'll suggest a strategy to follow... although i suspect HOTWIRE will be your least expensive 3* option.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I found your hotel list right after I posted my question, again, sorry for my lack of knowledge! :)

I want the best room for the cheapest price! heh heh I would be a new Hotwire customer, so I should qualify for the $10 off...that tells me I shouldn't bid any more than $49 on Priceline. Any chance that the Hotwire rate will drop further? Just wondering if I should book ASAP or hold out.

I'm very appreciative of all the help I'm receiving!!

I'm doubtful it will drop substantially... it can go up or down by a few dollars due to normal hotwire fluctuations, but i doubt you'll see the price in the low-$40's.

A bigger factor however is that the coupon codes technically have expired, but they are still working, so they could potentially stop working at anytime and that would be the risk of holding out.

The Sheraton often goes for the mid-$50's via Priceline which is why i think HOTWIRE is going to be your best bet.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 6 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]