Priceline Hotel: Unsucessful Bids for Boston 11/1 - 11/4 Frustrated

tommytwoguns
By tommytwoguns,
in

I have been bidding off and on for the last month trying to get a hotel in Boston. I have been trying the Aquarium district and the Quincy Market district. I have gone all the way up to $251 a night for 3.5 and 4 star. There are lots of wins in these districts for less than that.

Is it because the dates are during the week? Am I really going to have to bid higher than this? $250 was my top end bid, I don't really want to spend much more than that.

I also thought that November was a shoulder season over there and I could get better rates. Apparently not.

I am open to suggestions and help

THANKS!

Lastminutetravel.com has the :

Westin Waterfront in the Seaport District for $156.00 a nite

(listed as 4-star hotel in Quincy/Financial/Waterfront/Boston )

Fairmont Battery Wharf for $173.00 a nite

(listed as 4.5-star hotel in Quincy/Financial/Waterfront/Boston )

Taj Boston for $208.00 a nite

(listed as 5-star hotel in Back Bay Area/Boston )

Seaport Hotel for $210.00 a nite

(listed as 4-star hotel in Quincy/Financial/Waterfront/Boston )

Rates are date specific, and while Boston is generally less expensive in November then in the summer, there are still events which will have an effect on hotel prices. While there may be other things taking place during these dates as well, there is a 6K person convention taking place which i imagine is at least a contributing factor to the higher then usual rates you're seeing. For a city its size, Boston actually does not have a large number of hotel rooms.

HOTWIRE also has quite a few 4* offerings in the sub-$250 range as well as what i believe to be the Hotel Veritas near Harvard Square for $159/nite... should this work for your needs.

Is this or any of the above of interest?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks guys!!

I did see that there was a 6000 person convention that week. I didn't think that would have an effect like a 15k or 20k convention. But I also didn't realize that Boston has a smaller percentage of hotel rooms.

I am going to look into the last minute travel as well as the HOTWIRE deals.

I had high hopes of getting a real steal on the hotel rates. I guess it is not to be, at least not on PRICELINE.

Here is an update guys.

I booked the stay on last minute travel using BobC's info. He was right on the Fairmont and I booked it for $174 a night without any issues. We are very excited about the opportunity to stay here for such a great rate!!!!

Since BobC had such good advice on the board, I went over to Paypal and sent in a donation!

Thanks guys.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]