Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (Chelsea) Hotel Indigo

Tattersall
By Tattersall,
in

I've been watching NY prices for a while, but haven't been bidding because I'm on a budget and rates have been high. I finally freed up a Sunday night (much cheaper) and started bidding in Chelsea at $90, using your PRICELINE link. I was hoping to get the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea, where I stayed last November for $80 -- it was a great hotel.

When $90 wasn't accepted, I used two rebid zones that don't have 2.5* hotels (Hell's Kitchen and Coney Island) and bid up to $105 - all rejected.

I waited 24 hours and then began bidding at $107, again using your PRICELINE link. I received a counteroffer that I could make another bid if I raised my price to $134, but instead I added Coney Island as a rebid zone (no 2.5* hotels) and bid $112.

My bid was accepted at the new Hotel Indigo, a 3* that was just opening on the same street as the Hilton Garden Inn when I was last in NY. I'm very pleased - the Indigo looked really nice, and the location is great.

Thanks, as always, for this site!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]