Priceline Hotel: 3.5* DC (Dulles North-Herndon-Reston) Crowne Plaza Dulles

stasik
By stasik,
in

I have family coming into DC and I am going to need 3 rooms. All of DC seems to be booked solid with the Jon Stewart rally that day so Northern Virginia is it.

I cannot use HOTWIRE this trip. My dad is in a wheelchair and PRICELINE, as I understand it, will work to accomodate disabled needs or offer a refund whereas HOTWIRE will not.

Saw some decent prices on Hotwire for the 3* and 4* hotels around Dulles. Wondering if you think I can use that as a guide to bid in PRICELINE?

Are there free re-bid zones in this area? Any strategies you can offer?

Thanks.

You can use HOTWIRE rates as a general guideline, but as each uses their own rating system and have different zone boundaries, you can't be certain that you're comparing apples-to-apples.

What are the date(s) you need and which zone(s) are you willing to bid? What is your maximum bid? Are you willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel OR is your goal the least expensive 3* or better for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

stasik,

I just bid and got a 3* Dulles area as reported in my post just below yours. I'm pretty happy with it.

I was also working up on the 2 and 2 1/2* rooms. I'd gotten to $36 on the 2*, and $44 on the 2 1/2* without winning, when I got the hit on the 3*.

Check Falls Church for a free rebid at some levels.

Romelle

Looking for October 30 for one night. Three rooms.

Zones (preference in this order)

Fairfax

Tysons Corner-Falls Church

Dulles South

Dulles North

Springfield

Prefer to spend up to about $60 for a 3*. I had looked at some prior bids and I don't think I will have to go higher than that.

Zones (preference in this order)

Fairfax

Tysons Corner-Falls Church

Dulles South

Dulles North

Springfield

Are you willing to pay more to stay in your first choice of zone vs. your second, your second choice vs. third, etc, etc... OR is your goal the least expensive 3* or better hotel in any of these acceptable zones?

Let us know and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow... please click this PRICELINE link before replying.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 3* level you have ONE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Dulles South and Dulles North and Springfield...

Bid $35, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Fairfax and Tysons Corner and re-bid zone...

Bid $35, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Fairfax and Dulles North and Springfield...

Bid $38, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Dulles South and Tysons Corner and re-bid zone...

Bid $38, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Dulles South and Tysons Corner and Springfield...

Bid $40, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Fairfax and Dulles North and re-bid zone...

Bid $40, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Dulles South and Dulles North and re-bid zone...

Bid $43, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Fairfax and Tysons Corner and Springfield...

Bid $43, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Dulles South and Dulles North and Springfield and Fairfax...

Bid $45, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Dulles South and Dulles North and Springfield and Tysons Corner...

Bid $45, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Tysons Corner and Fairfax and Dulles North and Dulles South...

Bid $48, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Tysons Corner and Fairfax and Dulles North and Springfield...

Bid $48, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Tysons Corner and Fairfax and Dulles North and Dulles South and Springfield...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $53

I'd start with the above. If rejected post back and we'll revise to try again in 24 hours.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I am sorry if this is a dumb question, which zone do I add as my re-bid zone?

Hint - get into PRICELINE and check JUST the Falls Church East zone (not the Tyson Corners-Falls Church one). Note the star levels at which bidding works for it.

There is also a very good and more detailed explanation of how to determine free rebid zones in the FAQ area, but this should suffice for you for now.

Romelle

I am sorry if this is a dumb question, which zone do I add as my re-bid zone?

You should give Priceline Re-Bidding Explained a read as it's important to know how to check your re-bid zones on your own since this should be done before each round of bidding to make sure that nothing has changed since you last checked. If you read the previous link and are confused feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding.

Please use the requested PRICELINE links on the board each time you access their site.

Thanks for your assistance. I should have checked myself on those free re-bid zones.

Priceline upgraded me to a 3.5*, Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport, which is in the Dulles North - Herndon-Reston Zone for $45. The hotel has free wi-fi and free parking all of which are pluses.

Again, my request was for three rooms, one night, 10/30 - 10/31.

I did use your PRICELINE link to make the bid.

I also have to make a Priceline reservation for a room near Philadelphia. I'll start that under the appropriate forum.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]