IL Chicago Hyatt Regency McCormick Greater Chicago

neo1
By neo1,
in

• 1 month later...

I stayed here one night (Thursday) for 57$/night. The area is not in the greatest area of Chicago, but it there because of convention center. There is a lot of construction in the area, so there isn't much to do at night. FREE street parking can be easily had in the streets one block north of the hotel. It didn't seem like the SAFEST place, but it was lit and many other people parked there. I drove a 98' camry there, so I didn't mind as much, but I wouldn't park your BMW 740i or your 4Runner there.

The lobby was beautiful and well decorated and the front desk person was helpful. I recieved my request for a double queen bed room.

Room was clean with reasonable amenities. I received the 21st floor with a North view (view of the city, and it was beautiful). It wasn't a great 4* hotel, but great for the price (esp for a Weekday).

For dinner, I drove my car to Bucktown; <-- I wasn't able to take the "L" there, because there are no stations in reasonable walking distance (plus, it didn't look so safe).

The room provided high speed ETHERNET via cord for $10/24hours, which I was disappointed it wasn't offered free, but the business center was free to use (the front desk person even unlocked it for me afterhours (10pm).

overall, it was a reasonable stay if staying for business reasons (except for the lack of free in-room internet), but I wouldn't pick this place if you were here for vacation.

Hotel Name: Hyatt Regency Mccormick Place

2233 South Martin Luther King Drive

Chicago, Illinois 60616-9985

312-567-1234

Check-In Date: Thursday, December 16, 2004

Check-Out Date: Friday, December 17, 2004

Your Offer Price: $57.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $57.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $15.85

Total Charges: $72.85

• 5 years later...

I stayed here one night (August 28, 2010) primarily to go to a Bears preseason game at Soldier Field. The number 3 bus from downtown stops right across the street from the hotel. There is no commerce in the area, but Chinatown is a 15 minute walk or (as I did) you can take the Cermak bus (#21, I think) and get there quickly and easily. The hotel is modern and was quite busy. A bit of a check in line with about a 15 minute wait. Rooms are nicely furnished. Your happyness may depend on how quiet your next door neighbors are. There was an adjoining door to the next room on one side and you could hear every conversation. Luckily, that group went to bed early. On the other side, the next morning, I could hear the passionate cries of whoopie going on.

Getting to the Bears game was a breeze. It was quite a sight to return to my room after the game as see all the traffic congestion on Lake Shore Drive and in the Soldier Field parking lots. You can also take the Cermak bus to the Chinatown Red Line train station, which will take you to the Loop and the North Side.

I felt pretty safe going to Soldier Field and back, but the neigborhood to the west and south is pretty deserted at night.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I stayed again at this hotel (September 11-12, 2010) I have a few more comments to add. There was no check in line this time and I asked about a room without an adjoining door and down the hall. The friendly and helpful front desk person asked if I'd like a corner room with a king bed. That sounded super! The end wall was on one side of me and a stairway on the other. Much quieter! This type of room number ends in 32. Highly recommended.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]