Priceline Hotel: LAS VEGAS 5* 5/7-5/9

shellzee1
By shellzee1,
in

i would like to stay at the venetian from may 7 - 9 with four people in a room. how much do they charge extra per person . i am going to use the rebidding process with my maximum of $150.

do you think this will work.

this site is really informative. as soon as i win i will post and let you know

right now hotwire is offering $250 a night for the venetian. typically how much lower can you bid for the same thing on priceline. i am not sure how high the people i am going with are willing to go. we are supposed to be getting together tonight to figure out what we are going to do.

i really appreciate all your help and this site is awesome!!!

I just realized this is a Saturday - Monday stay?!?!

Bidding together can run you anywhere from $175 to more than HOTWIRE's rate (due to the price difference in price each nite).

You may want to consider SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID... but then you raise the issue of a Saturday check-in. If you split and have to stay at different hotels, i see an opportunity to stay at the Monte Carlos for about $175/nite and the you can likley get the Venetian for Sunday for less than $120.

Let us know your thoughts.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

A check of the Las Vegas Convention Calendar (which thereuare has linked for us in the Nevada section ** HERE ** ) reveals that a 20,000 delegate convention hosted at the Sands Exhibition Center (attached to the Venetian) closes on the 7th - many of those delegates will probably hang out on Saturday and head home on Sunday (which is probably why HOTWIRE has Sunday night Venetian suites for only $120 right now).

In addition to the Strip-located alternative that thereuare has provided, another option is to try to win a Saturday room at the newly-opened Renaissance. You mighht be able to get it for the $75 to $90 range for Saturday (ride the monorail to and from the Strip) and then move to the Venetian on Sunday (it's the very next monorail stop down from the Ren).

i got together with the people that i was supposed to go with and they are undecided about everything. now it will probably be only two of us going. i am going to split the bid and try up to $300 for sat. night and then $120 for sunday night.

if that doesnt work i will look into the monte carlo first for sat night and then the renaissance since i want to stay on the strip.

you guys are so awesome. i really appreciate all the help. the time is getting closer so i will let you know how it goes.

thanks again for all your help.

• 5 weeks later...

unfortunately this trip was cancelled so I didnt get to use all my tricks to get a room. i did try to get a room for one night in vegas for last sunday may 1st and i bid up to $160 in the rebid but it still didnt work. it was a really last minute thing because i went to see my friend in cali and she said we could drive up there. we did that and just stayed for 5 hours and drove back sunday night. i went in the venetian and the bellagio and i wasn overwhelmed so now we are planning to definitely go back there in either october for our birthdays or thanksgiving weekend. i already went ahead and started a new thread for those weekends in priceline-nevada.

i have been looking on hotwire and priceline for package deals but the airfare is just ridiculous which i think is driving up those prices.

hopefully i can use your link and tricks for my upcoming trips.

thanks again for the help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]